cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

impact of PR created in ECC from APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are 2 systems, ECC1 and ECC2. now , Purchase requisition is created in ECC1 and transferred to ECC2 through idoc messages.

but the process is changed and instead of PR created in ECC1 , APO creates the PR and transferred to ECC2.

Now , my job is to analyse the impact of PR created from APO.

what would be the impact and are there any side eefects of this ?

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghu,

Based on the business requirements stated up until now, it is unclear what business processes will be performed in which systems, and what data must be maintained in each of the 3 systems.

So, a direct answer to the latest post.

If you create PRs in APO, and transfer to ECC2, the implication is that all data required for the creation of PRs must first exist in APO. This means all master data, and enough transactional data to support PR creation, and configuraton to support planning (you haven't stated if you intend to perform planning in APO, but I will assume this is the case).

If you thereafter treat ECC2 and APO as the primary OLTP-Planning combination, then there are no special implications. You can establish 2-way CIF between this pair, and, as far as APO is concerned, you can 'pretend' that ECC1 does not exist. The sole source of Master and Transactional data in APO would then be ECC2.

If it is necessary to continue to exchage some data between ECC1 and ECC2, I would suggest that you continue to use IDOCs, and do not attempt to connect ECC1 to APO. In addition, my opinion is that you should evaluate, 'is it still necessary to retain 2 ECC systems?'

You ask about the impact of creating a PO in ECC1 without the benefit of a PR. That totally depends on what you intend to do with the PO in ECC1. Technically, SAP supports the creation of POs directly, without reference to PR. However, without knowing your entire business cycles (eg, order-to-cash, plan-to-execute, and procure-to-pay) I can't tell you if you will run into problems.

Regards,

DB49

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Can you please tell me some background of ECC1 and ECC2 ? As per your message ECC1 was sending PRs to ECC2 now instead PRs are going from APO to ECC2. That means ECC2 and APO are connected through CIF. Hence all the relevent Master data required for generating PRs in APO is flowing from ECC2. Hence there is no issue at all. Only thing is you have to monitor the PRs and see if they are correct ( Date/ Location / Qty.) etc.Therefore what yo have to ensure that the master data in APO is accurate for it to give you a correct and feasible plan.

Thanks,

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

these are the relavant messages exchanged between the systems.

1) from ecc1 PR to ecc2 as PR

2)IN ECC2 PO is created with ref to PR in ecc2

3)po from ecc2 to ecc1 as po.

Now , this PR will not be created in ECC1 any more and in ECC2 its created from APO.after that PO is created with reference to PR IN ecc2 and its transferred to ECC1. so what would be the impact of this PO created in ECC1 with out PR?

Raghu

Edited by: raghu dasyam on Jun 19, 2009 10:40 AM

Edited by: raghu dasyam on Jun 19, 2009 10:41 AM

Edited by: raghu dasyam on Jun 19, 2009 10:42 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I need some clarifications. When you say, APO creates PR and sends it to ECC2, how ECC1 gets PR

Another thing is that how APO & ECC2 are connected, is it through CIF?

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi senthil,

PR will not be created in ECC1 any more.

yes. APO and ECC2 are connected through CIF.

Regards

Raghu