cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg : Validating Search Help Entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have attached a search help to my attribute. For Eg: If a had bounded a 'H_T005' to get the F4 help to the attribute, which will list out the country key and corressponding description. Now i am also able to enter other entries also apart from the search help entries. I want the user to select a value only from the search help. Is there any way to controll this other than coding?

Thanks,

Mugundhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mugundhan,

Is the attribute is taken from Dictionary Structure?

If the attribute you want to bound to search help is from a Dictionary Structure then

1) find out from which table the search help is picking the entries.

2) say its is table_1 and column is col_1. Use this column (col_1) as the foreign key in the Dictionary Structure

Thanks,

Feroz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Feroz,

Thanks for your reply. I was eagerly awaiting for some one to reply for this. In Other say you are asking to assign the check table. Am i right?

Here, What are you saying as col_1? I couldn't get it?

But I had already maintained the check table and tried out which is said as "Input help implemented with check table". Here i am able to get all the entries from the T005 in my case. But this too allowing other entries.

Thanks,

Mugundhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this [thread|] it may help.

Regards,

Radhika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By col_1, I mean the check table column to which the structure field is referring.

If you have used the check table, then it should not allow other values.

Can you explain your scenario with one exapmle.

Thanks,

Feroz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Feroz,

I am attaching the F4 Help for the country field. My node is a structure binded node say zcountry which is having the fields land1 and landx. Now i had attached the standard search help available in the SAP to the land1 field. And also i tried what you have suggested, to get the input list from the check table. For this,

I have selected the land1 field and selected the Foreign key button, the system has proposed the T005 as the check table and i have binded the same to it. Noe the Origin of the input help is changed as "Input help implemented with check table". So on executing my application, the input field is getting the entries other than from the value help list. Have you got my problem?

Thanks,

Mugundhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Radhika,

I am looking after it..

Thanks,

Mugundhan