Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating SAPscript print program to Smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello everyone,

Requirement is to print transfer orders. Current functionality supports SAPscripts and its print program. Since we are going to be using Smartforms, I need to change the print program so that it calls the custom smartform created by me.

Can anybody help me out by telling me a step-by-step process as to WHERE and WHAT changes I can do in the SAPscript print program so that I can use it for my Smartform?

The SAPscript print program that needs to be changed is: RLVSDR40.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Fred.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the layout provided to you you will have to first find out the elements from the script that is printing the output. Then in the print program search for those elements. This is possible only by debugging the print program. Then move those values into a final internal table and [pass the same into the smartform. There will be many elemnets which will not be of use. Also remember to remove ll Start_form, Open_form etc before executing your smartform.

Regards,

Gayathri

8 REPLIES 8

former_member181962
Active Contributor

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I am not able to view the forum thread link that you posted. The other two links talk about migrating the Sapscript FORM not the PRINT PROGRAM.

I am looking to make changes in the sapscript print program to use it for Smartforms.

Thanx.

Regards,

Fred.

0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

The system does not migrate the print program (data retrieval) or the form logic contained in the print program. You must make the required changes to the respective print program yourself. PL take a look at the following

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/9d/9599386185c064e10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm">SAP help</a>

Regards,

Suresh Datti

0 Kudos

Yes.. Print program cannot be migrated.

Thanks,

Vamshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to this link..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/9d/9599386185c064e10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Regards,

Tanveer.

Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the layout provided to you you will have to first find out the elements from the script that is printing the output. Then in the print program search for those elements. This is possible only by debugging the print program. Then move those values into a final internal table and [pass the same into the smartform. There will be many elemnets which will not be of use. Also remember to remove ll Start_form, Open_form etc before executing your smartform.

Regards,

Gayathri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

I have a similar requirement. Can you please advice on how to go ahead with it ?

Regards,

Ammu

0 Kudos

Why do you guys use Smartforms instead of Adobe forms? Why would anybody invest his time into something what will go out of support in few years and not invest in something fancy, quick and easy? Have a look at adobe forms instead of smartforms.

Otto