cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comm_hierarchy product category ecc to srm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am assigning a product category in extended attributes tab in org unit.When I add new value system throws an error message: "No material group assigned to this value", whether it is replicated from r/3 or local product hierarchy which i create manually from T-Code "COMM_HIERARCHY" . still same error exist.

Even when i try to replicate product hierarchy fromm ECC and check a job in tcode : Smq1 its says job failed coz of RFC connection but when i check RFC connection in SM59 then it is connected.please let me know what to do ?", whether it is replicated from r/3 or local product hierarchy which i create manually from T-Code "COMM_HIERARCHY" . still same error exist.

1) Please let me know about the replication of material grp complete steps from RFC ,till the material grp replicated in SRM as prodict category.

2) Assigning a product category to a user and error "No material group assigned to this value" comes.

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

even am trying to execute report like BBP_LOCATIONS_GET_SELECTED , BBP_LOCATIONS_GET_ALL ...it says no backend exist....RFC is maintained prooperly between SRM and ECC client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you maintained the "Define Backend Systems" config step in SRM for backend R/3 or ECC.

If not please maintain.

R/Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi reddy,

I have maintain my backend system in SRM server and with the same name i have maintained it in ECC also and in Ecc i assigned it with the cleint. Even am trying to replicate the store location and try to maintain entries in extended attributes tab but it says no value define and when i check in T001L table in SRM side entries are there.please let me know what will be the reason ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the configuration:

Supplier Relationship Management - SRM Server - Technical Basic Settings - Define Backend System for Product Category

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwjeet,

There definitely seems to be an issue with RFC connections because of which you got those error messages while replicating Plants and Storage locations to SRM system.

Please check following settings -

SPRO -

> SRM -

> SRM Server---> Technical Basic settings--> Define Backend Systems

Also check Logical system definition and Assignment of logical system to client under Logical systems node under ALE settings --->Basic settings

Also try logging into corresponding backend ECC system using SM59 from SRM system.

Go to SM59 -

> ABAP connections----> Double click on corresponding ECC sytem and click on Remote Logon.

Since there seems to be an issue with RFC settings, can you please check whether the Company code, Purchasing Org and Purchasing Group linkages to backend system in Org. structure are fine and they are linked to correct backend org units?

Hope this helps in identifying your issue. Please let us know the outcome to help you further in resolving the issue.

Regards,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

Under the root organisation the required company code and purh . org is mapped with backend and for RFC setting those 3 steps is followed .Now if i see the reportBBP_ATTR_TEXT_REFRESH In this report nothing comes and table BBP_ATTR_VALUE_T is empty.

If i try to execute Standard reports like BBP_LOCATIONS_GET_SELECTED then no entry is chosen for backend system beacuse of no entry maintained in the table BBP_ATTR_VALUE_T .

If i maintain value once manually in table BBP_ATTR_VALUE_T then i go to extended attributes and choose storage location radio button and maintain the location then it will work and after mainting my extended attributes in org unit i remove the entry from the table which i have created manually then it will work fine.

please tell me what will be the right approach.

Thanks

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl. check if you have assigned hierarchy to 'Purchasing' application in txn-COMM_PRAPPLCAT.

If you have not assigned, then you will get this error.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwjeet,

The entries should get populated automatically in table BBP_ATTR_VALUE_T when the attributes are maintained correctly in the org. structure.

I do not recoomend manual maintenance of these attributes in the table. However please check removing the backend assignments for respective org. units like company code, P. Org and P.Group and then try assigning them by choosing the relevant backend logical system.

In case this does not work then definitely there is an issue with RFC (logical / backend system) settings.

You can think of manual maintenance option as a last resort.

Please let us know the outcome to help you further in resolving the issue.

Regards,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

I have removed the backend system from function tab in organisaton unit(PPOMA_BBP) for company code,purchasing organisation and purchasing group and when i am selecting store locations in extended attribute then also no entries.

For Rfc i have maintained a define logical system in SRM and in ECC for both ways and assign it with the respective client and for 2nd step i have created RFC in SM59 and tested the connectoin 3rd step i have also maintained Backend System for Product Category.

when one entry i maintained in the table BBP_ATTR_VALUE_T ,I select my extended attributes --> store lcoations entries then data comes and after maintaing the data i see that table (BBP_ATTR_VALUE_T) contains 2 entries one entry which i maintain and other which mainted via org unit. so i removed my manual entry after words and data is comming,

Standard way to do is

maintain logical system

maintian RFC setting

run report for replication of plant BBP_LOCATIONS_GET_SELECTED (that will only run if entries are there in (BBP_ATTR_VALUE_T) tbale otherwise SLG1 throws an error of not valid backend system.

Thanks

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls go thru the link below for material replicaion and its steps in detail.

/people/marcin.gajewski/blog/2007/02/05/how-to-replicate-material-master-from-r3-to-srm

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plz check Authorisation Test for RFC using SM59

Arshad

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Arsahd,

I have done authorisation test and connection succeed, still am not able solve it