Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between 0EMPLOYEE and 0PERSON

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone explain the difference between 0EMPLOYEE and 0PERSON

The documentation says 0PERSON is attribute of 0EMPLOYEE..hard to understand why we have two infoobjects.

Further both of them are mapped to PERNR on R3 datasources..

Thanks

Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madhavi

Welcome to SDN

<b>0employee</b>

Employee

Technical name: 0EMPLOYEE

Use

Human Resources (HR):The Employee characteristic (0EMPLOYEE) enables you to display key figures based on employee criteria.

Recruitment: The Employee characteristic (0EMPLOYEE) represents an internal applicant in the Applications and Applicant Actions InfoCube (0PARC_C01). Therefore, internal applicants are displayed in the query view when the Employee characteristic is used.

<b>0PERSON</b>

The Person InfoSource (0PERSON) provides information on persons. A person can have multiple assignments as an employee. The Person (0PERSON) InfoSource enables you to distinguish between work relationships (employees = 0EMPLOYEE) and real people (0PERSON).

Hope this helps

Thnaks

Sat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sat,

This is what I see in the documentation.

I want to see more information with examples.

Why they are mapped to PERNR?

How they are different?

Thanks,

Anil

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavi,

o Person /Person ID is a unique identifier for the employee and will never change, even if

the employee leaves the University and later returns.

o The Personnel Number ties an employee to a particular position. In the case of

multiple assignments, employees will have a separate Personnel Number (PERNR) for each position held.  

Regards

KP

elisabeth_umebara2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi, Anil

I have heard that it can occur:

You can have an employee for example 001.

001 can be Person 001.

In this case

0EMPLOYEE = 001

and

0PERSON = 001

But for example, this employee can work in another country

and can receive another Employee Number. For Example 0EMPLOYEE = 250

There will be created another record with

0EMPLOYEE = 250

and

0PERSON = 001 (Because the person is the same in both countries but, the employee

are considered differents).

I hope I can helped.

Regards,

Elisabeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please Go through attribute of 0employee & 0person  charatertics  of employee dimension in Cube 0PA_C01  , it help you to understand the difference between two.

Atttribute of 0person are location, country, gender etc realated to personal details

Attribute of 0employee are salary , contract type, company code etc realated to company

Regards,

Anand Mehrotra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I'm not an HR expert, but a simple explanation is that every one at the company is an EMPLOYEE and has a host of company attributes (cost center, salary, start date, position, job, etc.).

However, a PERSON may/may not be an EMPLOYEE but will have personal attributes (SSN, address, gender, first/last name, etc.).

This is a simplification as there are many exceptions to all of this (temp workers, visitors, etc). For more details in your org, you should quiz someone in your HR dept.

Hope this helps.

Dave