Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Aleaud in BPM

michael_spindler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have following scenario:

Customer Order from any adapter -> XI -> SAP R3 -> ALEAUD back to XI -> sending acknowledegement to sender .

I would like to use the info from aleaud + some info from the message which was sent to R3 to create an acknowledgement for the sender.

I would like to use bpm to wait for the response from R3 (aleaud) and to create and process the acknowledegement for the sender , but I´m not really sure if this works cause of the correlation for the sending msg and the aleaud could only be the idoc-no.

Does anyone set up a similar scenario and could this work?

Does anyone use

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

When you request an acknowledgement in a send step of the BPM, the BPM automatically waits until the Ack message arrives.

The Idoc adapter detects which message the ALEAUD belongs to, you need not care about this.

Most sender adapters do not support acknowledgements, therefore you have to create a "real" message inside the BPM and send this back to the sender.

It is like this:

JMS message -> XI Message -> BPM -> XI Message -> IDOC

JMS message <- XI message <- BPM <- Ack message <- ALEAUD

Hope that helps

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Best I can find is this:

/people/udo.martens/blog/2005/09/30/one-logical-system-name-for-serveral-bpm-acknowledgements

Try contacting Udo Martens and keep me informed as well, is there no way round of this without BPM, I happen to remember we used to handle the sending of ALEAUD from wihtin SAP once the incoming IDOC had arrived...

Best regards,

Marco

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

sorry, that weblog does <b>NOT</b>describe the task, coz its just the other way around.

Hi Michael,

you can correlate IDoc-No of the IDOC (EDIDC_40/DOCNUM) with E1ADHDR/E1STATE/DOCNUM of ALEAUD message. But as Stefan told us, you can request for the Acknowledgement - I assume, that a manuel correlation is then not any longer necessary.

Regards,

Udo