cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy from Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I worked in order mgmt earlier, new to shipping and transportation. I would really appreciate, If u help me regarding.

Can we create a pick ticket by using Inventory mgmt and without using the lean warehouse mgmt. I am thinking of creating an output type for Delivery and create a pick ticket. Is that possible?

Or can u tell what r the benefits of Lean Warehouse mgmt?

One more Question is, I couldn't find a copy routine to transfer the shipping conditions from delivery to shipment type.

If u have come across such kind of thing, please forward me the solution/details.

Thank you,

Sharath.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

Lean WM gives you more flexibility in printing and processing the picking, without having a full WM.

But you could still use the 'old' picking list. Please check note 401159 for details. As picking list is no longer the preferred way of picking, you won't find some of the customizing activities in IMG, but function is still there:

'V/38' to maintain the picking outputs (create new ones)

'OVLT' to assign picking list types to shipping points

Furthermore you can use transaction 'VOK2' to maintain all output determination.

For the shipping conditions please check note 387541.

Regards, Ulrich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrich,

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate that. You cleared my biggest issue.

One more small doubt, I was trying to make forwarding agent(SPDNR) available in the layout of the outbound delivery monitor(VL06O). I am succeding in including SPDNR into the layout, But nothing's displayed in the list. But I have my sales order have the partner forwarding agent assigned to it. Wondering what went wrong, Tried to search from OSS Notes but couldn't find anything interesting for my Release 4.6C. If you have come across such kind of issues, please let me know.

Thanks a lot.

Sharath.

0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

You're welcome!

Did you checked the option "Display Forwarding agend" at the selection screen of VL06O? (It's nearly at the bottom of the selection screen).

Best regards, Ulrich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As soon I mailed to you in SDN, I found it.

Thanks Ulrich.

You helped a lot to me.

Best Regards,

Sharath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question, Please clarify it according to ur convenience.

I have 2 scenarios in at my client's place. General orders and sample orders. General orders are using Warehouse Mgmt and Sample Orders are Inventory managed.

Both orders share the materials with same item categories. I made the Item categories presently used as picking relevant. For general orders, inorder to post a goods issue, transfer order is needed as they are warehouse managed. But I am afraid about sample orders as they are not warehouse managed and the item categories are picking relevant, Would there will be a problem while goods issuing the sample orders.

Please advise,

Thank you,

Sharath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarath,

The answer to your question is maybe.

It depends on the delivery item category. If they are both the same then yes, the delivery items will need picking in both cases and whether this is done via a transfer order or directly in the delivery depends on which picking storage has been determined and what, if any, warehouse it has been linked to.

If yuo want one to pick and another not to I recommend that yuo determine different dleivery item categories in table V_T184L (transaction 0184). The relevant field will be the usage one which comes from the Sales Order.

A few pointers to look at

Howard

Answers (0)