cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise invoice for invoice correction

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using invoice correction for creating supplementary invoice (additional invoice sent to customer).

It works fine till the debit memo is created.

Now i would like to create an excise invoice for this additional invoice.

a) It doesnt allow me to use J1IIN

b) Using J1IH - other adjustments, I am able to credit the CENVAT accounts and debit the clearing account - I can change the debit account to suspense account. But I am not able to credit the ED payable accounts (like it happens during J1IIN)

Using J1IH would imply immediate utilization, since the CENVAT accounts are credited.

I would like to credit a separate set of accounts (ED payable), to be adjusted during monthly utilization.

What should be the correct procedure for this scenario?

Thanks for the help!

Regards,

Aroop

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help. I figured it out myself, and have posted by analysis.

Regards,

Aroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can create an excise invoice through transaction code J1IS which will debit Modvat Suspense and Credit Excise Duty Payable account.

Regards,

Lakshmanan Krishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help. I figured it out myself.

I created a new sub transaction type SI - for supplementary invoice and made the required configurations in table J_1ITRNACC and J_1IEXCACC.

In the latter, I copied the GL accounts from DLFC to OTHR / SI for the relevant excise groups.

Now when I use J1IS against the old invoice with sub transaction type SI, I have to enter the material, the assessable value (which is for the difference amount) and the rates for which excise invoice has to be created.

Upon posting, it behaves exactly like a DLFC would do.

Regards,

Aroop

former_member315051
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in J1IH you have to do two steps.

1) For customer adjustments choose Additional Excise tab

2) For Cenvat Adjustment Choose Other Adjustment tab.

For Clear Information search in forum you will get many threads related to this.