cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PWB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Group,

I need some info on PWB,when we will go for Print Work Bench,suppose I am having one letter it can be printed using SAP script or smartforms,why we need to go for Print work bench

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The benefit of PWB is that the code to retrieve the data from the SAP is done for you by the form class. With SAP Script and Smartforms you'd have to create your own ABAP program to call the form.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have seen this question in many places and was surprised to see that no body mentioned this but PWB also helps by taking out the printing load from server. The printing load is majorly taken by a third party printing server. PWB only spools the output as a flat file.

The performance of smartform or PWB is relatively less compared to executing a Function module with very less association of scripts or forms.

This probably will not help those who have put this question as its an old query but I guess it will help those who search for it now.

Regards.

Vince.

Edited by: Vinay Kabde on Mar 18, 2011 8:25 PM

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

You can use both SAP Script & SMARTFORMS in the PWB. PL take a look at the following <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/e4/a45a36998cf732e10000009b38f839/frameset.htm">SAP help</a>

Regards,

Suresh Datti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Yah I can use scripts and smartforms in PWB,my question is why we should go for PWB,What are the things I need

to check to go for Print workbench

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

its just by choice.. there are no pre-reqs for using PWB..

Reagrds,

Suresh Datti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

But what are the advantages of PWB over Script or Smartforms.Suppose if I get the form for the PWB

on what basis we will tell that whethere it can be

printed via PWB or not

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See if this link is of any use to you.

Regards,

Ravi