cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is that possible to SAP 4.7 (ABAP Proxy) connected to PI 7.1 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have client that still using SAP 4.7 and another middleware product. Now they are planning to replace the middleware with SAP PI. Is that possible for SAP 4.7 connect to PI 7.1 using ABAP Proxy.

Best Regards

Fernand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your information. I think as long the basic functionality still can be implement that will be already sufficient enougth.

Best Regards

Fernand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

What is the limition of WAS 6.2 for Proxy Communication with ESR 7.1 ? Any Idea ?

Is the kernel patch must be above 1253 ? or any other pre-requisite for WAS 6.2 to communicate with PI 7.1

Thank you and Best Regards

Fernand

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are no other limitations Fernand.

Regards,

Prateek

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At the moment I cannot say much aubout this topic, as I have no 6.20 system available. All I know:

- You cannot update an existing proxy which was generated from PI 7.0, you have to delete it and create new.

- The names and namespaces of the interfaces are restricted, you cannot use the full lenght.

- The interfaces must be stateless - XI30 compatible

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have client that still using SAP 4.7 and another middleware product. Now they are planning to replace the middleware with SAP PI. Is that possible for SAP 4.7 connect to PI 7.1 using ABAP Proxy.

It is possible to connect Web AS 6.20 System with PI 7.1 with existing interfaces. For creating new proxies or updating existing proxies from ESR 7.1, there are some limitations.

Regards

Stefan

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, its possible. Go ahead

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I thought that proxy communcation is not doable for a R/3 system like 4.7?!

Isn't proxy communication only available since ECC and NetWeaver technology?

Regards,

Kai

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only pre requisite would be, the SAP system should be >= SAP Web Application Server 6.40

REgards,

Ravi

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Stefan said, the limitation is the WAS < 6.20 kernel patch level above 1253.

Regards,

Prateek