cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Memo and manual JV in same G/L Accnt?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have a return sales scenario created here.

When credit memo is created and released (for sales return) the accounting document posts the ED recovered in G/L account 500140.

Now when i create excise invoice and use additional excise in J1IH for return sales an accounting document is created for return sales. The accounting document posts the MODVAT RECV in different G/L account (G/L Accnt no. 360110).

The user want both the G/L accounts to be same. Is this possible or advisable? Pls help me.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Both these scenarios are driven by different Excise Transaction types. Basically J1IH -> Differential Excise is used for Cenvat availment which should go to the GL account as specified by you. This Excise transaction type (DIEX) is more frequently used by MM. It is basically for reconciliation purpose it is better to keep two different accounts. If you have the same GL account for both the excise transaction types, it will be difficult to reconcile and identify the net Cenvat credit to be availed and the Net amount payable to Excise Department.

If you still want to have the same GL account for both the excise transaction types then change the Account assignment for these Excise transaction types in the configuration

Logistics (General) _> Tax on Goods movement -> India -> Account Determination -> Specify GL account per Excise Transaction and Specify Excise account per Excise Transaction

Regards,

Lakshmanan Krishnan

Answers (0)