cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA on SOLMAN EHP1 SP 19

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We have SOLMAN EHP1 SP19 system and consider to set up in this system the function "Central User Administration (CUA)".

Has some one experience dealing with CUA on SOLMAN?

(advantages, disadvantages, recommendations)

Any helpful information will be very appreciated!

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Holger

we are using our Solution Manager system since the beginning of its usage as our SolMan + CUA.

We were coming from SolMan 3.x and just headed towards 7.0 SPS19 recently.

You will have significant lower costs of operation, as you bundle SolMan and CUA in one single system.

Actually it is SAPs recommendation towards SolMan to have it standalone. But this is in a scense with no additional software package. The CUA will not require any additional software packages.

In our scenario the CUA is not putting a lot of load on the system. But that depends on your scenario. We do feed around 21 SAP systems and probably around 30 SAP clients. This is performing with a very small system which has only around 1200SAPs.

I recommend you to make sure you do not occupy all dialogue workprocesses in the CUA when you do mass changes. In the beginning we crashed our CUA due to mass changes sometimes. (make use of rdisp/rfc_max_own_used_wp etc.)

What we further did, we have put the CUA in a different client than our Solution Manager system. I know that many parts of Solution Manager are cross client but some are not, so it would make some sense to separate CUA from your Solution Manager system by the means of the SAP client concept.

If I remember correctly the CUA will also require you a different client specific object setting in your production CUA (client) than you would usually configure in a production Solution Manager system.

I hope this helps

Nesimi