cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 5.3 | ERM | Uploaded Roles need to be generated?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I uploaded my back-end roles to ERM using .txt files. When I now have a look at them as an end-user, I see they all still need to be generated. I know this can be done with mass generation but that means that each role in the back-end gets updated which I don't like, e.g. also the last updated by field will change.

The roles need to be generated because ungenerated tasks for example can't be assigned to a function (which itself need to be generated) ...

So is there a way to make sure that uploaded roles completed the completed default methodology, including role generation, or is there a work around, ... Pretty critical I think.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At one time you can make one process as default methodology.

The roles you are uploading using txt file into ERM will show upto Risk Analyssis phase not upto Role generation phase because you have uploaded the roles not created in ERM.

If you mass generate those roles in ERM then it will show you upto Role Generation phase.

I hope I answered your query. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,

Sudip

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kraell,

You are right; this is how it currently works. As mentioned by Sudip, when you upload roles, they will show upto risk analysis phase.

This is the design ; so I dont think it will be an enhancement request either.

Harleen

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudip, Harleen, thank you very much, am very happy with the response

It was no problem to let the Risk Analysis run and generate the roles again but then my user-id would be as last changer for all the uploaded roles, which is not preferably

FYI, I used the following work-around: created a custom methodology with two steps (definition and generation) which I only enable when uploading roles from the back-end. The risk analysis for these is done in RAR which makes sense. ERM is mainly used for role creation, maintenance and these roles are allready created and actualy don't need to be maintained.

Thanks a lot!