Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returnable Packaging

former_member605515
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All

I have gone all SDN forum regarding Returnable Packaging and did configuration.

But i am unable to do configuration.

Can any one describe briefly all configuration point by point...then i will try once again.

Requesting u all to put all config point by point.

Thanks

Jaga

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this print-file: http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/SDSLS/SDSLS.pdf in pages 227 to 233.

I hope this helps you

Regards,

Eduardo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member315051
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After you configure kindly post the error which you are getting .

Check the below SAP help link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/dd/560051545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jaga,

Did u check these threads,

I dont think if u will follow the steps in these u will face any problem......

Please do let us know at what point u are facing problem.... So that we can help u further,,,,,

Thanks,

Raja

former_member605515
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I hv gone through this document....can u clarify me.

1--shall i mantain stock for both the material like FERT and LEIH.

2-When i m also returning LEIH material,As per the document tpye,shall i use AT but what will be the iten catagory.

pl provide the soution....

Thanks a lot.

Waiting 4 your Reply

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must go on reading the documentation. It says:

Returnable Packaging Pick-Up

If the customer returns the returnable packaging to you, you record the transaction in the system

by creating a returnable packaging pick-up order (order type LA). As a result, the system carries

out the following actions:

When goods issue is posted, the relevant quantity is deducted from the customeru2019s special

stock and is added back into your regular stock at the plant where the goods are returned.

Your total valuated stock remains the same since the returned stock was regarded as part of

your own inventory even while it was at the customeru2019s premises.

This transaction is not relevant for billing.

Returnable Packaging Issue

In the following situations, you can create a returnable packaging issue order (order type LN):

The customer decides to keep the returnable packaging

The customer damages the returnable packaging and you decide to charge the customer

The customer sells the returnable packaging to a third party

As a result of processing a returnable packaging issue, the system carries out the following

actions:

When goods issue is posted, the relevant quantity is deducted from both the customeru2019s

special stock and your own total valuated stock.

The transaction is relevant for billing since the goods have become the property of the

customer.

Sales Order Types

The following table provides an overview of the order types used in the standard system for

processing returnable packaging:

Transaction Sales order type

Returnable packaging pick-up LA

Returnable packaging issue LN

When you ship returnable packaging to the customer, you do not need to use a special order

type. The transaction is a normal business transaction and you can use either a standard sales

order or, if appropriate, a free of charge delivery

Check in IMG the issue for these sales orders, it has its own type movement to manage this materials.

Regards,

Eduardo

former_member315051
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
--shall i mantain stock for both the material like FERT and LEIH

Yes, you have to maintain the stock for Both finished and returnable packaging goods.

2-When i m also returning LEIH material,As per the document tpye,shall i use AT but what will be the iten catagory.

If customer is returning the returnable package good then the Ordertype would be LA, Item category is LAN and Schedule line is F3 with movement type 622.

Hope it helps

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jigi,

Its good you have gone through the document and probably understood the process.....

Let me answer your question with an example :

Think of scenario of Gas Cylinders, where Gas cylinder is different and Gas is different material......

> 1--shall i mantain stock for both the material like FERT and LEIH.

Of course u have to maintain the stiock for both....

> 2-When i m also returning LEIH material,As per the document tpye,shall i use AT but what will be the iten catagory.

You have to create returnable order.....

Ordertype --> LA,

Item category--> LAN

Hope it will clear......

Thanks,

Raja