cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Auto Id Test Tool Details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am very new to Auto Id and currently working on a simple Interface SAP AII -> SAP XI -> ECC

I need to read the values from the RFID device . I could find some information regarding some testing tool in SAP AII but I could not get the exact information about any such tool. Could you please help me to get some detailed understanding of the Auto ID testing tool and the total steps involved in executing as simple scenario.

Regards

Nishant Kumar Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

the Auto ID test tool is there to simulate the reading of an RFID device controller. You can find it in the AutoID screen in the Tools menu.

From the test tool you will send the data in the same way as the device controller would. You can then send this data through the XI to ECC.

To get the real readings, you'll need a device controller which will read the real data from the RFID tag and send it to AIN.

For more info, you can search this forum. There have been a few questions about the test tool in the past.

Regards,

Marko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marko.

But i am not still clear with the tool which has to be used for sending data.

Can you please be more specific as what is the exact tool name in Auto Id screen.

Regards

Nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

Auto-ID Infrastructure -> Tools -> Auto-ID Test Tool

or transaction code:

/AIN/TEST_CLIENT

Regards,

Marko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marko.

But when I try to access the t-code :- /AIN/TEST_CLIENT

It says the function is not possible.

Is there any patch to be applied to access this transaction as the Auto Id server which we are using has no such existant T-code .

Regards

Nishant Kumar Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant. There is no patch to be applied.

When you run the t-code dont type /AIN/TEST_CLIENT directly.

Type /n/AIN/TEST_CLIENT. You will get the same.

You can also get the same at: SAP Main Menu --> SAP Auto ID Infrastructure --> Tools --> Auto ID Test Tool.

Regards,

Yogesh Bhatia