cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying value from one input field to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a form which contains 2 input fields and one button. On click of the button I want to have the value present in input field 1 to be copied to input field 2. How do I go about it?

Thanks,

GLM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In your form go to the default value of the 'Second Input Field' here assign the first field through the 'Enter Formula'. Then create one push button & in the actions of that button use 'Select' action. So when you click the button the value of the first field will get copied to the second field.

If you just want to pass the same value in two fields then no need of creating 2 input fields. Just assign the same single field at both the places. This will pass same value at 2 places.Is there any specific need to show it in 2 input fields & then Submit?

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I agree with what you have said, I could assign the same data source to both the input fields.

However my scenario is - First input field is requested amount which comes from a RFC and the second field is another input field. Now the approver may choose to copy the requested amount or simply enter another value there. Hence I require the copy funtionality to work. ANy ideas?

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GLM,

Use 'Expression box' instead of second input field and set its value as the first input field in its properties.

Regards

Basheer