cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIf - idoc or table mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert

I need a small clarification. When an order is tranferred fom APO to R/3, does it create an idoc and sends it to R/3 or its table to table mapping between two system. Do any of have idea about document/ format in which the data is transferred from APO to R/3.

Please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pushpinder,

Is your query resolved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In most cases the CIF is used to transfer data automatically between APO and ECC. The CIF is merely a RFC connection using queued RFC (qRFC) wrapped with a bunch of programs that handle queue processing, error handling, etc. The format of the data is whatever the FM in the receiving system requires and differs for the different object types. If you are not using the CIF then most likely you are using IDOCs unless there are custom interfaces being used.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andy

I got my answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pushpinder,

Transfer of orders from APO & R/3 and vice versa is OLTP ie online transfer processing system.

The data will get transferred via change pointers. For every change, there will be equivalent change pointers gets generated in system and gets updated.

The change pointers either can be immediately sent to the target system from source system or there is

also another option of collecting all change pointers and transfer it periodicially.

Manually, change pointers can be pushed to target system via transaction /sapapo/c5.

I hope it is clear now.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pushpinder,

Not sure what type of order u are asking about. But generally for sales order , PR's or any transaction data the transfer from R/3 to APO and back from APO to R/3 happens on a real time basis. No idocs are generated during the transfer.

Thanks

Saradha