cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can NW700 use JRE1.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have NW700 installed and it's using JRE1.4, but now I find some java application is using JDK1.5 librarys. how can I config NW700 to use JRE1.5?thanks!

Regards,

Bin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saleem,

thanks for reply. But I mean to use JRE1.5 on application server side. do you have any idea?

regards,

Bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

NW700 runs on J2EE 1.4, not 1.5, so you cannot use 1.5 components on NW700. You'll need NW710 to do that.

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

If your 7.0 server it is a runtime server, it cannot work on JRE1.5. You need JRE1.4.

But if your 7.0 is a compile time system, you can configure it to have both JDK1.4 and 1.5. e.g NWDI server

If you need pointers to that, let me know.

I have my NW70 portal server at 1.4JRE and NWDI7.0 system running on JRE1.4 but also having JDK1.5

Regards,

Nitin

Edited by: Nitin Mahajan on Jun 22, 2009 8:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin

Can you send me the pointers or an example of your configuration? We have a NWDI Ehp1 7.0 . This system has to build components for NW CE 7.1. So on the server where NWDI resides ( CE are on other servers with SAP's own JVM 1.5)

Thanks and best regards

Carmen

Jordan_Stanchev
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

May be this can help - it is for 7.1 dev studio, but still should be sufficient:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce711/helpdata/en/45/d3a608ffa25709e10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm

Jordan

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Since NWDI is a compile time system for the components you store here.

If you are storing CE components you need JDK1.5.xx or J2SDK 1.5.xx and(Development Kit)

If you are storing NW components you need JDK1.4.x.x or J2SDK1.4.x.x

For the server NWDI you need a JRE1.4.x.x. (Runtime engine)

The JDK and JRE will come with J2SE packages. Install J2SE for 1.4.x.x.

since you need to create track for CE, what you need is Development Kit for java 1.5.x.x. Install that.

In your visual admin, go to CBS service in Visual Admin

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b5/7a5e4088dc0272e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

BUILD_TOOL_JDK_HOME = 1.4.xx JDK Home

JDK_HOME_PATHS = set the variables for different JDK homes you have. refer to the above guide.

Now the variables you create / define in JDK_HOME_PATHS, define that as build variants in your track.

there is a tab on the track called "Build variant", add the variable and the value there.

It is working for me so it should also work for you.

let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have intalled JDK1.5 change the JAVA_HOME in environment variables with path showing as JDK1.5 folder.

Say for example

JAVA_HOME should be set as C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_04;

In path you can declare the bin folder

Path should be set as C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_04\bin;

Now go to netweaver ide-->properties and set the JDK path as -vm "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_04\bin\javaw.exe" instead of old JDK 1.4 path(javaw.exe)

Do all these changes close your ide and open it should use JRE 1.5.

If it is not using you can go to your project properties-->Java build path >Libraries>Click on add varialbe button and set the JRE 1.5 version

hope this helps you in resolving the problem

Regards,

Saleem