cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message being sent and wait for event - BPM help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am doing BPM interface, in that i am receiving two files. Between these two files, i have set the coorelation in the BPM and included in the BPM's receive step1 and receive step2. After execution, when i look into the sxmb_moni, message status shows processed successfully, but when i look the Process engine status, it shows Message Being Sent and when i look into the BPM monitoring it shows message wait for event in the coorelation object.

I have gone through the following forum :

Link:[https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=27600139&messageID=7561954]

but everything is green and messages are set to Message being sent status.

Experts kindly advise me.

Regards

Mani.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
but when i look the Process engine status, it shows Message Being Sent and when i look into the 
BPM monitoring it shows message wait for event in the coorelation object.

such a behaviour may occur if

1) the correlation is not defined properly.

2) The correlation field mentioned is not having the assigned field or if the field-value is at mis-match i.e. the correlatin values in the two received files are not matching.

Did you make a check on your BPM...from IR?...not always but sometimes it points out to some useful warnings.

Regards,

ABhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Coorelation is properly defined. Is there any way to check the coorelation?

my coorelation condition is file1.TermID=file2.TermID.

Pls advise me how to check BPM from IR?.

Regards

Mani.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you check out the design which i mentione in the previous reply?....where are you using this condition my coorelation condition is file1.TermID=file2.TermID ?

You can even check the correlation definition in IR...at the path which i mentioned.....just make sure that you have your design accordingly....the only difference in your case will be that the fork will have two branches as against the three as in the SAP BASIS design

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Jun 18, 2009 1:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Here i have given my BPM design,

Start

Fork - two branches

Branch1 - Receive File1

Branch2 - Receive File2

Transformation

Send

End.

In coorelatin editor, i have specified container,involved messages and properties clearly.

I have gone through the SAP basis contents as per your previous reply.

One thing is, i have used the same design for my other interface, it is going through, but specifically for this interface i am getting error. If you could send me your mail, i will send you the exact screen shots, so that you can advise me.

Pls i need to complete this in a short period, kindly help me to come out.

Regards

Mani..

Edited by: mani_sg on Jun 18, 2009 10:21 AM

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are comfortable then you can upload the screenshots of your BPM in the WIKI section of SDN.

This has an advantage that if I am not able to find the problem then other experts can find it out for you.

Just make sure that you remove all the confidential details (like NS, company name etc from the screenshot). Also try to provide as much info (about the BPM) as you can in the screenshot.

Just some things to mention:

1) have you used a Block step as shown in the design?

2) Are you sure that the payload of both the messages is having the fields used in Correlation and that the fields are having the same values?

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I have not used Block step. Do I need to use Block step?

I have checked both the payloads, both fields are having same values.

Regards

Mani..

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have not used Block step. Do I need to use Block step?

Block is used to limit the correlation to the receive steps in the fork (as per the SAP design)....try to implement a block in your case also.....have the same design pattern as given by SAP.....

sometimes when you Drag-and-Drop a receive step into a branch of fork an additional (unwanted) Branch gets added in the fork, so even when i need 2 branches i get 3 branches.This third branch does not give any error during activation but may cause an unwanted behaviour during runtime. So check if the same is happening in your case.

Regarding checking of the BPM (forgot to mention)....open your BPM in IR and press F7.....

Also I hope that basic check is done on the BPM (return code and other stuff).

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have a loop? what is the condition you have give? may be waiting for few more message based on your condition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I have given field names properly in coorelation. Checking only one condtion, File1.TermID=File2.TermID.

No messages in the Queue. I have used Fork to receive both files, both receive steps are receiving but they are not sending data to the transformation step.

Is there any way to check this?

Pls advise me...

Regards

Mani.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is there any way to check this?

you can cross-check your design with the one mentioned here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/0e/56373f7853494fe10000000a114084/content.htm

the same is available in your IR at this location:

IR-> SWCV - SAP BASIS> namespace-http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/Pattern-> BpmPatternCollectMultiIfCondition

Regards,

Abhishek.