cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect BAPI Call

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Visual Composer to connect to APO via a BAPI. I can create the model in VC and test the model in VC and works great. However, after I compile and deploy to portal, it returns invalid planning book and data view. I enter the exact same planning book and data view in VC for the test before compiling and deploying. I am using VC 7.0 and SCM 5.0.

The exact error is "An error returned from the back-end system: Incorrect call (planning book and data view combination does not exist)" However, this planning book and data view combination works fine when testing in VC.

What could be causing this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

You should put an external debugging breakpoint in the BAPI you call on the APO system (ABAP side).

Doing so, you would be able to track down the data that are passed (if any) as input parameters for the BAPI.

To activate external breakpoint, open the BAPI in SE37 with your SAP Gui and go to : Utilities -> Settings -> ABAP Editor -> Debugging. Check that the user that is entered is the one that you perform your VC call with.

Then set the external breakpoint at the beginning of the function module.

Best regards,

Guillaume

Answers (0)