Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Content Type Error in Receiver SOAP Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Is there a solution for this problem?

I am getting the following error in one of my receiver SOAP adapters:

com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: XIAdapterFramework:...:com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML

I have checked the message I am sending to the receiver adapter and it is XML, ok. After checking this thread: and SAP note 856597 I used the TCPGateway program to check what the web service is answering to the adapter request and I found the problem is due to an authentication failure. The TEXT/HTML is an error page the SAP WebAS that hosts the webservice is sending out as response saying no login method succeeded.

However... The webservice URL and basic authentication information, the user and password, are configured correctly. I double checked it and I can also run the webservice using that information directly with wsnavigator on that WebAS.

Checking the request message I found out that the root problem is that the adapter is not sending out a basic authentication request as configured. It is actually sending a header with SAP SSO2 (single signon) ticket instead.

The most strange thing is that I configured another channel exactly the same way and it sends a basic authentication header as it should and works correctly.

So as a workaround I am using this new channel instead of the problematic one but why is the original sending SSO2 tickets? It is configured exactly the same as other channels. I think that SAP SSO authentication is not even supported by XI SOAP channels!!!???

Thanks in advance for your kind responses.

-Sam.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use this to help yourself - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No conclusive answer but reviewing the AF architecture it was probably either an ugly bug or a CPA Cache problem.

Unresolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

If you have changed the Security Policies in the meantime please perform a cache refresh (Java and ABAP) and look what will happen.

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shabarish:

Thanks for the link, but the real issue is not the request message (regarding your blog) but that the reply from the webservice is the standard HTML page informing no login module succeeded because the adapter is deciding completely on its own that it should use SAP single signon ticket instead of basic authentication as configured.

Volker:

I have performed full and delta cache refreshes to see if the channel performs as configured in the ID but it doesn't. It insists in trying to use SSO2 ticket instead of basic authentication.

I am sure this is an ugly bug in the WEBAS Java, more so because an identically configured channel does use the basic authentication as it should. Anyone knows about a SAP note regarding this? I have performed many searches on the support service but haven't retrieved anything significant.

Thanks for your help guys!

-Sam.