cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Item's Qty is disabled in change mode (VA02) of Sales Order.

niranjan_yerraguntla
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) We create Sales order (L2) from Service Order(DP90 tcode), system automatically selects 'LABOR HOURS' material, based on actual hours posted for a service order and adds this as 1st line item in Sales Order. When order is saved and we go back to VA02, we find that LABOR HOURS item is disabled, meaning we cannot change Qty but can only change Amount. The item is not billed yet.

2) If we add 2nd line item with same 'LABOR HOURS' material in change mode(VA02), Ssave and get back to VA02 again, this item is enabled. We want to make the 1st Line item's qty enabled so users can change the qty before creating billing document.

Since the 1st line item is created from DP90 tcode, system does not allow us to change the Qty ? Any help is appreciated.

Niranjan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is one trick that could save some time. The users can "copy" an existing line item into the same document with a different amount. In VA02, go to the menu Sales Document -> Create with reference. There enter the same order number as you're editing, then click 'Copy items', select the line to copy and enter the amount. This will create a new line item in the same order.

To avoid having 2 items in the billing document, try playing with the "order combination" checkbox. Also the items could probably be combined by using a copy routine or, in the worst case, this could be done in the invoice form (Smart Form or SAPScript).

Another option (considering the large number of documents) would be to write a report to perform all the changes. This could be an editable ALV where the users would enter the new amount and then the report would call BAPI or BDC to update the order. This is not that difficult to program, actually.

Hope this helps.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

niranjan_yerraguntla
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

Thanks once again for your time and responding back.

If you remember, I had mentioned that we are creating Sales order from DP90 tcode. We had created a custom screen(and tcode) called ZWIN where we had provided a button to create Sales order from Service Order using DP90 tcode. In this custom screen, we were calling BDC for DP90 and creating Sales order. On the same custom screen, we had given option where users could enter other materials. For these extra materials added, we were using BAPI 'BAPI_SALESORDER_CHANGE', to add these new materials. Here is how I fixed it.

1) DP90 would have created sales order with Item 10 for LABOR HOURS.

2) Then 'BAPI_SALESORDER_CHANGE' would have added any extra materials selected on Custom screen.

3) While calling this BAPI, I deleted Item 10 with LABOR HOURS and added new Line Item 11 with same LABOR HOURS.

Now when I get into VA02, I see that LABOR HOURS line is enabled, which means we can change Qty.

This avoided deleting line item and adding same item in VA02 when there was a change in qty later.

Thanks again.

Niranjan

niranjan_yerraguntla
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

Thanks again for your inputs. Users do not want to add another line item and keep 1st line item, as customers would be confused why they are 2 line items for the same 'Labor Hours' in Invoice. It is not a big or crucial thing, however, they create like 5000 orders per month ,and for some orders, they have to delete 1st line item, add new line item and enter details like qty, amount, shipping point and so on. We are just trying ways to save some time for them.

Niranjan

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mention that the repairs are additional, so I would guess that you'd need to add hours, not subtract. Why not just leave the line created by DP90 as is and add another line?

You could also write to SAP about this, but I'm pretty sure they'll say the same thing, that it's a standard functionality. The lines created by DP90 are tied to entries in Controlling, therefore they can't be manipulated as ordinary orders, created via VA01.

If the users don't want multiple lines with the same material to appear on the invoice, this may be achieved by other means. You don't need to break the system for that. Otherwise I don't really see why it would be so crucial to change the line vs. adding a new line for extra work.

niranjan_yerraguntla
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

Thanks for the reply. In DP90 too, we can make changes before creating sales order. However, our requirement is different. After the sales order is created, our roofers would go back to customer's site and perform additional repairs. Then they would like to just change labor hours. Now they have to delete 1st line item, since we cannot change Qty, and then add new line item due to change in labor hours.

Thanks again,

Niranjan

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We use DP91, not DP90, but I believe it's a standard behavior. You may change the amount in DP91 before creating the document and the system re-calculates hours according to the amount.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any workarounds since it's not been an issue for us.