cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bid Invitation: Multiple responses desired

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working with a client on a SRM Bidding Engine Blueprint. It is important that the bidder be allowed receive usually 3 bid responses per vendor, each with seperate terms and conditions. (i.e. different rates sought depending on timing and shipping point). They have received advice from SAP that it is only possible to receive one bid response per vendor - is this true? If there is a means of achieving multiple responses per bidder please outline for me.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christophe for the quick response!

Just to clarify before I close this request:

Under standard, does it have to be a different colleague for the same bidder, i.e. if the same bidder contact responds it will not create two lines?

Also, for the client you worked with, in addition to adding a "copy" button, was there much custom coding that had to be done, or could you call on standard functions and if so what were they.

Apologies for raising more questions, but your response has been very useful and I will close the request next time, I promise!

Thanks

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

In standard, it has to be a different contact, so it will create a Bid displayed as a new line.

In custom, you just have to deactivate this control, and this let you create more than one Bid per contact. In that case also, all the bids are displayed as new lines. So you would get 3 lines with the same bidder/contact for your 3 bids.

We added a "Copy" button with the corresponding processing form to handle this event.

In did the same on a prototype to create several Bids via XML for the same vendor.

BW is also able to replicate documents, but you will have to reword your indicators, depending on how you want to interprete the data (only one response for the bidder, even if it submited 3 bid for the same RFQ).

Rgds

Christophe

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

For an automotive customer, we changed the system to let suppliers create more than one Bid.

You have to know that this is possible in standard when connecting with different supplier contacts: there is a warning saying that a colleague already submited a bid, but you can pass and submit a second one. In that case, in purchaser view, you will get 2 lines displayed:

- initial bidder/contact requested

- new bidder/contact (with same bidder)

To make it simple, we added a button "Copy" in supplier bid display transaction.

Rgds

Christophe