cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to schedule deletion of statistical data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Currently we are collecting the statistics of all Infoproviders/Queries/workbook. Now instead of maintaining all the statistics, I would like to schedule the deletion of statistics which are older than certain period? I know there is a manual way to delete these through RSA1-> Tools -> Settings for Statistics..But I am looking for some thing which can be scheduled periodically(automatically)?

Regards,

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Create a job using program RSDDSTAT_DATA_DELETE.

Schedule it to run with a variant.

In the variant you can maintain the settings regarding the time frame from when you would like to retain the data.

You can schedule the job periodically.

Please refer to the link below for further details.

[ RSDDSTAT_DATA_DELETE|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/e3/e60138fede083de10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm]

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Sunmit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunmit for your infputs.

This might have available in previous version of BI 7.0.

But in new version it is RSDDSTAT_STATISTICS_DELETE.

Cheers,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for my misunderstanding...I thought this is a FM: RSDDSTAT_DATA_DELETE, But now realized it as a program which is available in BI 7.0.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bryan_koetting2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

RSDDSTAT_DATA_DELETE can be used in 7.0 to delete the Statistics from the backend tables, but this does not delete the Statistics you have collected into the Business Content cubes, and it is recommended to do this periodically because old Statistics data really has little value.

There is no program to do this--you will need to perform a selective deletion on the infocubes (assuming you have properly compressed the requests). I do not believe there is Process Chain Type that does selective deletion. Perhaps someone knows of an ABAP to do selective deletion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

We do not have the program "RSDDSTAT_STATISTICS_DELETE" on our system.

Could you maybe post the code in this thread? Thanks!

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I checked in EHP1 and am not able to find the program whereas the older one still exists :

RSDDSTAT_DATA_DELETE

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can delete the data of the cube from F or E table at the start routine. Means whenever you will load the data it will check the data for the particular date range in cube, delete those data and load the fresh data.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apologies...I thought it is cube statistical data