cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

encrypt and decrypt files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All,

I have scenarions FTP-->ABAP proxy and ABAP proxy --> FTP. I need to put and get encrypted files to and from FTP server. Does anybody know how I can decrypt file when I get it from FTP server and encrypt file before I send to FTP server? Thanks.

Meiying

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Meiying,

I assume you are doing SSH...because PI supports FTPs(SSL)...for SSH you can buy software which provide the specific deciphers which the sender/receiver is asking for and you can write a script which can be used in the OS commands at the adapter level.

Thanks,

Srini

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I have scenarions FTP-->ABAP proxy and ABAP proxy --> FTP. I need to put and get encrypted files to and from FTP server. Does anybody know how I can decrypt file when I get it from FTP server and encrypt file before I send to FTP server? Thanks.

Hi,

Have a look at these blogs.It would be helpful.

1. SAP XI/PI Encode Outgoing Payload using Adapter Module

/people/farooq.farooqui3/blog/2008/09/24/sap-xipi-encode-outgoing-payload-using-adapter-module

2. Decode Base64 Incoming Encoded information in SAP XI/PI using Java Mapping

/people/farooq.farooqui3/blog/2008/05/22/decode-base64-incoming-encoded-information-in-sap-xipi-using-java-mapping

Regards,

Chandra

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Meiying,

you need to have a certificate to encrypt / decrypt. This will be installed on Java Stack and can be used in Channels. See as well to Krishnas blog [SFTP vs. FTPS in SAP PI|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/7036] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yang,

There are few options:

one is you can use PGP along with OS commands at the adapter level.

you can create PGP adapter module or with any other software.

Also check this threads:

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Does anybody know how I can decrypt file

What kind of encryption/decryption do you want to do?

Thanks

Aamir