cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KM-Explorer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I need to construct a HTMLB-based page which contains some input fields, buttons etc. and KM-Explorer (same as at the following portal path: [Content Administration -> KM Content]) in a IFrame.

Following code adds KM-Explorer to page:

IPortalComponentURI componentURI = request.createPortalComponentURI();
componentURI.setContextName("pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/administrator/content_admin/iViews/com.sap.km.AdminExplorer");
response.write("<iframe src="" + componentURI.toString() + "" border=0>Sorry, your browser can't show IFrame tag</iframe>");

But I don't know how to interact with this KM-Explorer. Primarily, I need to catch files/folders selection events and transmit name of selected file/folder to one of the my input field located on the form.

Does anybody have any idea about it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Egor,

there is no interaction with the FlexUI framework from outside planned. The FlexUI framework offers you the possibility to integrate your own renderers, commands etc., but beyond this, it is a closed framework. If you are very lucky, some action would throw EPCF events you could register for, but (a) it's not very likely and (b) even if this would be the case, it's not very likely that you would retrieve the values you would like to retrieve.

Anyhow, the KM API (outside FlexUI) is quite intuitive so that it shouldn't be a (too big) problem to render some information from KM within your own HTMLB UI and by doing so having full control over all events you would like to raise.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Answers (0)