cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transports

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to setup transport routes, as per the other system landscape, how can i know whether the file system related to the other transport landscape is mounted or not.

In our devlopment system we have following filesystem for trans ---/usr/sap/trans/PRD

In the production system, the following file system is existing ---export/usr/sap/trans/PRD

How to find out at the unix level how the tranport filesystem and the route is setup.

Please Help.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> In our devlopment system we have following filesystem for trans ---/usr/sap/trans/PRD

> In the production system, the following file system is existing ---export/usr/sap/trans/PRD

> How to find out at the unix level how the tranport filesystem and the route is setup.

You are mixing things up here.

One thing is the transport setup, this done in transaction STMS in client 000 in the affected system. How this is set up can be found in the transport profile in /usr/sap/trans/bin.

The other thing is the physical storage of the files/transports. It seems that your production system mounts a filesystem from another system.

Both things are independent from each other.

Issue the "mount" command or use "bdf" to find out, which filesystem is mounted where.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can look into file /etc/filesystems and /etc/exports to know that what are the mounted file system in your system.

With Regards,

Saurabh

Edited by: Saurabh.Arora on Jun 17, 2009 11:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The parameter DIR_TRANS determines the transport directory for your system.

To see if it is mounted or not, you can run a df -k command and check if you find it there.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/38/c898be538811d2b412006094b9ea64/frameset.htm

will help you.

Thanks,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still i am not able to find exact answer for my question, can some one help me.

thanks.