cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP 16 post-install SDM authorization error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed the current (SP 16) edition of Sneak Preview Web AS Java. Thanks to postings in this forum, I worked my way through a MaxDB problem during the install (had to download and use version 7.5) and post-install problems with the Administrator account & pw (had to temporarily go into UME as SAP*) and with resetting the SDM password (back to "sdm").

Now I am trying to redeploy applications previously successfully deployed to multiple SAP systems. I was able to redeploy my Data Dictionary .SDA's but when deploying J2EE .EAR files I get the SDM java.rmi.remoteException error "Only Administrators have the right to perform this operation". I get this whether I deploy via NWDS or from SDM directly.

This is a new one one me. As long as I have the password to SDM, I don't understand what authorization issues SDM could possibly have. Previous postings hint at a problem with SDM once you've "messed" with the Administrator account & pw, as I had to. Help, anyone?

(I inadvertently posted this on the Web AS General forum last week but intended it for this forum, i.e., for people struggling through Sneak Preview installations ).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was answered in a reply to an inadvertent duplicate posting of this query I made April 21 in the Web AS General forum.