cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving of XML messages Incomplete.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am trying to Archive the messages in my Dev environment with a retention period of 180 days. I have followed Ganesh Kotti's article on Archiving and deleting.

Now when I run the job, it runs successfully but the status is incomplete. If I read the spool, it shows as archiving complete but the status legend is yellow and not green. In the Management tab of XMS_SARA, my job is under the Incomplete Archiving Sessions. I can see the file in the specified folder. However, when I try to check the XML versions of the archived files, it says "Could not find message in Archive". When I check MONI for these messages, they are in the cancelled state, but I didn't run any job cancellation of messages in error.

The job always archives 52 messages only and if I run the report RSXMB_SHOW_REORG_STATUS, it also shows 52 messages flagged for archiving. However, I have maintained the flag for archiving and retention period for all the interfaces in my system. So there is bound to be more than 52 messages.

Plesae suggest what could be the problem and how should I solve it.

Thanks and Regards,

Merrilly

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>I have maintained the flag for archiving and retention period for all the interfaces in my system

Messages which we transferred via XI after the archiving job was scheduled can only be archived/deleted.

if you configured the archiving job today,you can't archive any message which were transferred via XI before today.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aamir,

Could you please tell but why is the Archiving incomplete? Any ideas there?

Regards,

Merrilly

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can see messages now. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Please do the below and let your archiving job run again

1. start SXMB_ADM

2. choose Schedule archiving jobs

3. click "Archive management"

4. click "Information System"

5. click "Customizing"

6. choose "Archive Infostructure" for Object "BC_XMB" and activate it by clicking on "Activate" button.

7. go back and click on "Status".

8. click on "Status per Infostructure"

9. select your object "SAP_BC_XMB" and click "Fill Structures"

10. run it as a background task

Once the above are done and the archiving/deletion jobs have run ,check the messages in sxmb_moni->Archived XMl message(search using ID)->Hit F8(let message ID be 00000000000000000000000000000000)

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Merrily

can you go on transaction :

sara -->

Archiving Object : BC_XMB

Managment,

doble click on yellow triangle

and take a look at the "status" message ?

Probably your archiving is completed but you or someone deleted your XML file from filesystem.

Can you check?

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Would surely appreciate some answers on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Merrilly