cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's in a name: MII or xMII

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, so I'm confused. What is the name of the product?

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is a formal statement to help clear the air a bit:

SAP xApps composite applications have proven to be highly successful complements to SAPu2019s core applications, and there are plans to build many more composite applications. These innovative applications will be positioned along with similar or related applications, so that our customers can easily understand the value of their functionality and their relationship to other SAP offerings.

To that end, SAP has retired the u201CSAP xAppsu201D brand. Applications such as SAP xMII, will now be known as SAP MII. It is worth noting that the removal of the brands u201CxAppsu201D and u201CxAppu201D is a change in name only. It does not correspond to a new release of the applications or a change in their functionality, and it does not alter their release and maintenance strategy.

So, to that end no major efforts were put into place to rename everything that might still have an x in it, including the web application of 'XMII' or the NW table namespaces that were introduced in 12.0.

So from that standpoint the product is MII, but you will continue to find the 'x' remnants from the earlier xApp classification. Funny how Duet was effectively an xApp but never got the letter prefix...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

So it is just a name change.

It would still follow SAP Composite Application Framework rules.

One such rule such as No-Database etc...

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Amara.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MII is not part of CAF, and one could argue that it's a composite building toolkit/framework all on its own It does have a database underneath, but only as required by the NetWeaver application server for configuration and content persistence.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose. By any other name would smell as sweet. "

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Amy, Yes in Sapphire it was all over SAP MII and SDN says it's xMII !

So there is something in this X factor