cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM Interactive Adobe form - Table control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a HCM form working for a "single row" of data for Infotype 6 subtype 1 (I am using SAP_PA service). I have used ISR controls on the form.

But I want to create a table on the form and have the ability to enter in each row of this table say for example a subtype, city, country, street, postal code etc. (Effective date is common for all entries)

I created a table using the wizard (since there were no ISR controls). I choose the option to grow the rows dynamically based on data.

But I am not sure how to create the corresponding form fields in the form scenario and also in the field mapping of the service SAP_PA (where one to one mapping to a screen structure field is done). How should we create a "structure" type and map fields of this structure to screen structure of the Infotype? Also, in form scenario fields are typed to a data element only, how to specify a line type or structure type.

Please advise on how the config needs to be created and how the binding would differ on the table cells or table row? Is there any other special handling to loop through the table rows to call the SAP_PA operation multiple times?

Appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

Regards,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The fields you map to SAP_PA should use a "line type" structure. Sadly for you, for IT0006, this does not exist. It expects a single record structure.

Now, first off, since this is IT0006, why would you allow them to enter the subtype in there? Would they know this?

Secondly, are you sure you would need a table....ie. allow multiple copies of entries?

Personally, I would see you mapping it something like this in config for SAP_PA.....

Form Field              InfoType Sub   Screen Structure      Field   Index
perm_street                0006  1     HCMT_BSP_PA_XX_R0006  STRA        1
perm_city                  0006  1     HCMT_BSP_PA_XX_R0006  ORT01       1
perm_postal_code           0006  1     HCMT_BSP_PA_XX_R0006  PSTLZ       1

home_street                0006  3     HCMT_BSP_PA_XX_R0006  STRA        2
home_city                  0006  3     HCMT_BSP_PA_XX_R0006  ORT01       2
home_postal_code           0006  3     HCMT_BSP_PA_XX_R0006  PSTLZ       2

mail_street                0006  5     HCMT_BSP_PA_XX_R0006  STRA        3
mail_city                  0006  5     HCMT_BSP_PA_XX_R0006  ORT01       3
mail_postal_code           0006  5     HCMT_BSP_PA_XX_R0006  PSTLZ       3

then on the form, you could show this as a table, but YOU would set the rows to 3 and bind each ceel to the above form fields (left side field names). That would give the appearance of a table for you.

Now, if you allow multiple entries for one of those, you might have to come up with something else (or generate a "line" type structure for IT0006.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

The requirement is to have the administrator choose and update only those addresses that would be relevant for the current employee. I could go for creating multiple indexes for repeating fields - as many as the number of different addresses I require for IT 6 (I was thinking of giving a set of checkboxes, one for each subtype and then hide and display relevant address sections in the form).

But, I have several other infotypes to be updated similar to this like IT 40, 41, 416 (the absence quotas portion) etc. I saw that there was a line type structure for IT 40. But the rest as you said for IT 6 there were no line type structures.

The reason why I want to go for table is to avoid creating multiple instances of same field based on the subtype. For instance for IT 40 (Objects on Loan) we have 50 subtypes. And not all will be applicable to a particular employee. If we give the employee a choice to pick only those subtypes from the table control it would simplify the form fields mapping (I need not repeat those bunch of fields 50 times) and keep the adobe layout simple.

Could you please comment more on how to "generate a line type structure for IT0006." I could create my own structure with required fields... but how will I indicate to the conversion class that this is a line type structure.

I see that structures are mapped to conversion classes in the table T588UICONVCLAS (Assignment UI Structures and UI Conversion Classes) and the type is also indicated there. Is there are a way to make the backend service understand that it is a line type structure and it needs to loop through the table rows and repeat the operation for each subtype?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Sachin