cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data display in ST06

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In one of our Production boxes no data was being displayed except swap statistics in ST06.

I have applied the latest patch as per Snote 19227.( saposcol version is COLL 20.95 640 - 21.01 NT 09/03/11).

Then main memory is also getting displayed now.But still File system,CPU,LAN and OS Log details are not being displayed.

The notes 189072,688131,336120 and other related notes were not useful.

I have performed the following steps as per note 189072.

saposcol- d

kill

leave

exit

Then deleted file coll.put and started saposcol with command launch and also tried with saposcol -l.It created new coll.put file but data is not being collected.I tried restarting collector and rebooting the server.

We are running on SAP 4.7EE with Oracle 9.2.0.7 and Windows 2003 server.

Please advise any more steps need to be done.

Regards,

Surya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please change the owner to SIDADM and then reboot the server. It should solve the issue.

Yes, you are right in saying that other servers with SAPServiceSID can fetch proper data from OS, but it is recommended to use SIDADM and sometimes with SAPServiceSID ST06 does not show proper OSCOL data. But yes. this is not always. in our system also we had same problem

Thanks and Regards

Anindya

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The issue is fixed.

Thanks for your inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our current SAPOSCOL veriosn is COLL 20.95 640. It is 640 release with patch no.277.The owner of the service SAPService<SID> is a member of the Administrators group.But I noticed one problem.Actually starting and stopping saposcol as a service from windows is not working.I have to start and stop the service from ST06 and the status is not getting updated at OS level.And more over when I stop the service at OS level it is taking a lot of time and gives me 'Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion' and then the status of the service is stopped.Do you think it is issue with windows?Please advise me.

Regards,

Naresh

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh

1. Login to OS, from command prompt run

2. ntscmgr.exe remove SAPOSCOL -

> this will remove SAPOSCOL server from windows services

3. run services.msc from windows, it will show the service as disabled. If you try to restart the service from windows service, you will get a message "Marked for Deletion"

4. Restart your SAP server.

5. Re-install SAPOSCOL from command prompt by running command

ntscmgr.exe install SAPOsCol -b <path_to_saposcol>\saposcol.exe -p service

Check Note: Note 1130252 - SAPOSCOL service doesn't start, error 1053

This should resolve your issue.

Thanks and Regards

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your inputs.SAPService<SID> was not a member of Administrator group.I have now included it and restarted saposcol but still no luck.Does it require reboot?

Regards,

Surya.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya

Please find SAP's reply to the message we raised for the same issue in our system.

******" Hello Anindya,

I checked with development on this.

Starting with 7x saposcol has to be started with <sid>adm, as

SapService<SID> is removed from the local administrator group...

After changing the saposcol service need to reboot Windows again

regards,

John Feely"******

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Job SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR is running hourly without failing.And the owner of saposcol is SAPService<SID> as on other servers where there is no issue with data collection in ST06.

Please let me know if any thing is missing.

Thanks,

Surya.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> .And the owner of saposcol is SAPService<SID> as on other servers where there is no issue with data collection in ST06.

SAPService<SID> is not a member of the administrator group (which is correct). To gain OS related data this is necessary. So either add SAPService<SID> to the Administrator group (which I wouldn't do) or switch the user to <SID>adm which is the default after an installation.

Markus

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya

Please check whether SAPOSCOL service is running under SAPSerivceSID user.

If yes, please change the user to SIDADM from services.msc in windows and you need a restart of the server.

Let us know if this solve the issue.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Under which user runs your saposcol?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Thanks for your response.I did try restrating saposol service many times.And there is no errors in the log file.

I really appreciate any suggestion.

Regards,

Surya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you scheduled the background job COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFORMANCEMONITOR

this job should be scheduled on hourly basis...

try this ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Surya,

Stop and restart the service again.Check the log files as per the below link and check if there is any error or any other useful information:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/c4/3a6c67505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htm

Thanks,

Prasanna