cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Service Desk ticket creation from NOTIF_CREATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have an issue where in when a particular user tries to raise a ticket from NOTIF_CREATE the fields "solution" and "project" does not show as mandatory and pops up blank in the selection and the user is unable to create the ticket.

I am able to create the ticket on teh same system from notif_create and the "solution " and "project" fields reflect as mandatory for me and contains all teh data in it.

Please suggest which master data needs to be looked at.

Thanks

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Does that specific user, and your user have the same authorization roles/profiles assigned?

Best regards,

Roel

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue was not there before for the user,

The roles and authorization is fine, Not related to security issue.

Kindly suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

It sound strange, but sometimes copying the user to a new user solves the problem.

I've seen it before with the display of Support Msgs.

Roel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roel,

This solution of creating user afresh as a copy of old would not work in our landscape, we have central approval system that takes its own lifecycle for the userid creation. In turn I have done a user reconciliation based on the role that has object "notif_create".

If you have any other thoughts to rectify the error please let me know. I am again reinstating the problem.

on my userid, role and authorisation being constant, i am able to get solution and project id as mandatory, thats the setting out in SA 38 program DSWP--NOTIF_CREATE-S. But when a colleague of mine logs into the system with similar authorizations, the two field of "solution" and "Project" do not reflect as mandatory.

Do we do solution mandatory in spro for service desk somewhere? Or is there a wayout with Userid itself?

Regards

Michael

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michael, please check your BP's.

Can you upload an image to see the error?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael-

You are saying that there wasn't an issue before with this user, but now there is? That's strange. If you can execute the functions with your ID on the same system, something tells me the issue lies with the Requestor's authorization. I would check these things thoroughly before moving on:

1. As Roel suggested, run a compare on your user and the Requestor's user to see if anything is missing

2. Compare Business Partner Id's (between you and the requestor)

3. Do an SU53 after the user tries to create the request

4. If the SU53 doesn't yield any missing authorizations, run an ST01 Trace on the requestor when he tries to create the request in NOTIF_CREATE. See if any missing authorization objects come up in the trace.

Let us know the results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Solmanic,

Thanks for your time. But if the mandatory field is not reflecting as mandatory how would SU53 or ST01 stand to help?

SU53 would be for missing objects, thats not the case in here

ST01 is only going to help me only upto the level of data fields that would be touched by the user. In my case the user is not able to create message because the field is not being able to populate and the F4 help is not appearing for the user to select the system.

Any ideas how to overcome the issue?

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael-

You are telling me that one user can perform the functions but another user, with the same authorizations, cannot. This issue sounds pretty auth related to me. So why not take the 5 minutes to do these 2 quick checks just to rule out that possibility?

former_member385033
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

we had a similar issue, some users could see change documents (SLFN, SLF1, SDHF, SDCR), others could not. All had the same roles and authorization objects assigned.

We could solve it by following SAP note [615670|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/615670]. We activated the parameter CRM_RF_PERFORMANCE in in table SMOFPARSFA, and the we set the user parameter CRM_RF_PERFORMANCE = B for these particular users having the issue. After logon it worked.In our case it was a user buffer issue. As far as I know this happens in CRM systems, and SolMan Service Desk is based on CRM.

After logon of the user you can remove the user parameter. The user parameter is only required once, when the problem appears.

Maybe you could try it...

Best Regards,

Holger Slomka