cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello;

We have problems with several characteristics in an infocube.

The fact is the following: we have an infoobject that have navigation attributes. These attributes are marked as navigation attribute in the infocube, however when we use query designer some of these attribute don’t appear in their corresponding dimension.

Any idea?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mariana,

"when we use query designer some of these attribute don’t appear in their corresponding dimension" : So do these attributes appear at all in the query designer or not? if you have checked the InfoProvider to see if these are turned on as navigational in the InfoProvider, and if you have logged out and back into Bex after this, and still you do not see these attributes, it could be an issue with the authorisation. Have you looked to see if there are auth objects for these attribute InfoObjects?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in ur EDIT infocube screen, u will see a tab called "NAVIGATIONAL ATTRIBUTE"> click it> there u check all I/O buttons of the nav attributes present there.

In other words, switch on all ur nav attributes...

regards

sham'm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shameen:

Before writing the first message I had marked the indicator switch-on/off in the InfoCube, but it did not work.

Has anybody any idea?

Thanks

Mariana Serrano

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

after activating nav attributes in InfoProvider level,did u activate infoProvider? if so,log off from bex and re log-in.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mariana,

Just a simple question. Did you mark these attributes as navegationals recently on the characteristic?

Did you run "Apply Hierarchy /Atributes change..." on the Tools menu in RSA1 after doing so ?

regards,

Sebastián.-

former_member779991
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastián,

Could you pls tell me what is the significance of doing that( run "Apply Hierarchy /Atributes change..." on the Tools menu in RSA1 ).Is it necessary that after creating navigational attribute of any existing characteristic we need to do that.

Pls can you explain me,because i am also facing the same problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sebastian:

I have marked these attributes as navigationals recently, however most of them appear in the respective dimension in Queyr Designer and the rest don’t appear anywhere.

I have just ran “Apply Hierarchy/ Atributes change..” but I still have the problem.

The infoprovider is active and also their update rules.

Whit respect to authorization, I have SAP_ALL profile, so this is not the cause.

What could be the problem?

Thank you very much for your help.

Mariana Serrano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I’ve got it.

I have look for notes in order to resolve the problem, and I have found one that explains me the cause “489839 Navigation attributes for time characteristics, not allowed”.

The matter happens with 3 navigation attributes which Conversion Routine was “GJAHR”. So when I have deleted this Conversion Routine from attributes, they have appeared in Query Designer.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Mariana Serrano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mariana, I'm pleased that you've solved it.

mariana/revab I suggested to run “Apply Hierarchy/ Atributes change..” because I think that once something simmilar happened to me and solved that way.

You are supposed to run this whenever there is a data change on your characteristics (in process chains I run it after master data load of characteristics)

In this that you change navigational attributes I think that is also required.

regards,

Sebastián.-