Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DropDownByIndex - Arrayoutofbounds eception

bharath_mohan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to modify a SAP standard application. The requirement is to add a dropdown and populate it with the data from the backend.

I have modified the standard RFC and added a addition field to one of the export parameter. I have filled the required data in that filed and mapped it to the dropdown field in java webdynpro.

however, i am getting a arrayout of bound exception when i execute the webdynpro application. I donot get any error when i map the dropdown with any of the existing parameters of the RFC, the error occurs only when i map the custom field.

I have invalidated the AdaptiveRFC cahe in the web dynpro console of the portal administration.

Regards

Bharath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the problem with Adaptive RFC meta data chache.

Restart the portal server.

Go through the below thread. Same issue.

Server restart is the only solution (my strong guess).

We have faced this many times.

And go though this below link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10465350-b4f5-2910-61ba-a58282b3...

See this secton in pdf document:

5. Disclaimer

The tool has been intended for ease of use and may not have tested all scenarios. In case some features donu2019t update, please restart the J2EE engine. Any support needed will be provided for the versions mentioned above released with the Web Dynpro Console.

Regards,

Charan

bharath_mohan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your replies...

Restarting the server solved the problem...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

try re-starting the server ,sometimes RFC cache invalidation may not help .

you can even try to set the data to the EVS instead to the dropdown .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have invalidated the Metadata cache through webdynpro console tool but if it still doesn't work,

you need to restart your server. This is the only way that you can resolve this problem.

Check this link and read the 5th point(Disclaimer) clearly..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10465350-b4f5-2910-61ba-a58282b3...

Hope this helps you

Regards,

Saleem

Edited by: Saleem Baig Mohammed on Jun 17, 2009 3:30 PM