cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persitance Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am trying to save two differant type of information through persistance.

The java code works fine when the application is run for the first time. On first run it shows that data is saved, and if we rerun the application without restarting the MI client then it also retrieves the data.

But once the application is restarted the persisted data of one type is lost.

Can anyone tell me what can be the problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sandeep_rs
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Can you please tell me what type of persistence you are using - File persistence or DB2E?

Also, please let me know what are the two types of information you are trying to save?

Best Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure about the type of persistance..

I just copiedthe logic from the sample application ...

In that application it creates some data descriptors can class descriptors.

What I did was, createdtwo sets of descriptors for two sets of information. and used the normal update method to save the information.

sandeep_rs
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

After the update method, you would also need to commit() the transaction. Otherwise the data will not be written to the persistence layer and you will lose it after the restart.

Best Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya I have done that too.

I need to know is that, do I need to creat differand Classes to store the class descriptors and data descriptors of two sets of inforamtion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep ...

Are you sure you commit the data correctly to the persistence layer after synchronisation? Are you using generic sync or SyncBos?

Greetings,

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

How does Synchronisation interfare with persistance?

I think they both work independently.

And THe code to commit the pesisted data is there.

As i said before, Application is able to retrieve the data till the MI client is not restarted. I mean when you go to the homepage of MI client and reopen the application it properly fetches the data from persistence.

And when the MI client is restarted same code is unable to retrieve records.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I mean is that when you synchronize the data, the data have to be written to the persistence to be available after a MI restart. I dont know what type of application you have built. It was just a guess. Sound like your data is not loaded from persistence after you restart the MI.

Regards,

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep ...

Are you sure you commit the data correctly to the persistence layer after synchronisation? Are you using generic sync or SyncBos?

Greetings,

Sascha