Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting Security on hierarchy level in BI 7.0u200F

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have some troubleshooting going on for last 2 days and I tried almost everything that came to my mind to resolve the issue I'm facing on BI system. I'm working on BI 7.0 on the sandbox system and trying to test and implement security on the hierarchy level.

There was a query created by my BI Team on the SAP delivered infocube/infoprovider and hierarchy was already defined by SAP on the cost center infoobject (ocostcenter)

I created analysis authorization for this infoobject and pull selected cost center for just to test it and assigned this analysis authorization to the role and assign this role to the test ID, but when I execute this query through business Explorer there is no data coming over.

I also ran st01 trace and Rsecadmin trace so many times but I don't understand the follwling error;

Authorizations missing for aggregation (":")

0COSTELMNT Empt

eventhough 0costelemnt is not even part of Costcenter, Please advise

I add aggregation ( value in costcenter analysis authorization, try so many different things but some reason I don't get any success. Please let me know if you have any other ideas to troubleshoot this issue

Should I ask my BI team to create front end specific variable, is it something I can try

Thanks in advance

Faisal

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to run this query through Rsecadmin ->analysis ->execute as...enter the test id and pwd. now execute the query. you will get missing authorizations. add them and then try.

~Praveen.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried so many other things and also try troubleshooting through Rsecadmin, So far I got this error in Bex exployer,

" You do not have authorization for the data transfer process,

Operation generate a Request could bot be carried out for DTP DTP_4dl3zso8wpeh....

Error in BW:

Program error in class SAPMSSY1 method: UNCOUGH_EXCEPTION "

I'm working in BI sandbox system and also transaction data is coming from ECC sandbox system, do you thinnk I should give access to DTP authorization Object in my role or is is something else.

Please advise me

Thanks is advance

Faisal

0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Please see in your sandbox system whether Hierarchy is properly configured. To check this, you go to your analysis authorization role and and enter 0COSTCENTER characteristic , goto hierarchy tab> choose create. You should see the cost center hierarchy. Then add the Hierarchy then choose node.

If you want to add all nodes then give values 1- 0- 2 in hierarchy nodes.

Also cost element is attribute of 0COSTCENTER. System will ask ( when the any charcterstics is authorization relevant but not used in query.For this please go through SAP note 1140381

Please let me know, if you need anything else.

Regards

Imran

0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Thanks for the feedback, I post the following question last week but I haven't received much feedback on this topic; however I have kind of resolved the stated issue but I have issue with (Data Transfer Process) that I need help with. Can you help me resolve my following issue, it would be really appreciated

My cost center Analysis Authorization based on cost center hierarchy has worked fine no errors but I 'm receiving the following errors on these authorization objects, when Iu2019m executing the query;

Data Warehousing Workbench - Data Transfer Process (S_RS_DTP)

Data Warehousing Workbench - DataSource (Release > BW 3.x) (S_RS_DS)

Data Warehousing Workbench u2013 Transformation (S_RS_TR)

When I assigned above authorization objects to my role, than everythingu2019s worked perfectly fine. But I shouldnu2019t assign the above authorization objects to execute the query.

I spoke with my BI Admin but he was saying that he can not migrate Datasource from BW 3.0 to BI 7.0 because itu2019s not compatible. Also he said he did the hierarchy extraction.

I don't think it's a security issue, but if you have any experience wiht datasource or extraction, Please share wiht me

Please give your feedback

Thanks in advance

Faisal

0 Kudos

hi Faisal,

I'm having the same problem.

How did you solve the problem (with :).

thanks,

Hagit

0 Kudos

Hagit,

You need to talk to BI team and tell them that need to extrate data so it won't be real time. If the data is coming from ECC and its real time then you have to assign (Data transfer process and Transforming) the workbench authorizations objects in order to execute the query.

If it has to be real time and they can't do anything about it then provide following authorization objects in your role and explain your PMO that you don't have any other choice because of the real time.

Data Warehousing Workbench - Data Transfer Process (S_RS_DTP)

Data Warehousing Workbench - DataSource (Release > BW 3.x) (S_RS_DS)

Data Warehousing Workbench u2013 Transformation (S_RS_TR)

Let me know if it is resolve

Cheers,

Faisal