Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP Forecastion - Desegregation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

I have a scenario in DP Forecasting :

No of plants :2

- I load history for Plant A only & run forecast. The forecast output I get is for both Plant A & Plant B

Eg: Plant A u2013 History

Product 1 :50 50 50

Plant B u2013 History

Product 1 : 0 0 0

-

Forecast Out Put:

Plant A

Product 1 : 25 25 25

Plant B

Product 1 : 25 25 25

What needs to be done to get forecast output against Plant A only?

Calculation Type used is u2018Su2019

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Regards,

AR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Calculation Type "S" is Pro rata & it disaggregate Total value in to proportion. E.g. in your scenario Forecast is 50 for total but if you see the forecast value at plant level then it shows 25 & 25.

The correct way to resolve issue is use calculation type "P" instead on "S" & assign APODPDANT key figure for disaggregation purpose.

E.g. Now you have two key figure History & Forecast. For Forecast key figure use calculation type "P" & assign APODPDANT key figure in "Disag. Key fig." column.

Before running the forecast engine, first calculate the Proportional factor by using transaction /n/sapapo/mc8v. Here Enter appropriate planning area & enter same planning area in to "Choose planning area" filed then execute the transaction. You will find the next screen where you have to enter appropriate information & execute the tranaction ones again. So that system will generate proportional factor for disaggregation purpose.

After that you have run forecast engine & which is at aggregate level.Then save the result. Then come back to Planning book & open forecast key figure at detailed level. then you will find the correct result as per your requirement.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Sujay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sujay for the very useful answer. Also if you can tell me that whenever you make any changes in historical data, you need to run proportional factors first & then the forecasting job.

Hope my understanding is correct?

Regards,

AR

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Your answer is correct.

See, whenever you run the forecast which is at aggregate level then you need some proprtional factor to disaggregate at detailed level. So whenever you change the history, you need to claculate proportional factor before run the forecast engine.

Regrads

Sujay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

1.Go to /SAPAPO/MC8E - Change Demand Planning in the Background

2.enter your job name and execute

3. In the screen there is tab "aggregation level". Click on that and tick on only product and plant characteristic and save.

4. goto /SAPAPO/MC8G - Schedule Demand Planning in the Background and run the job.

5. Check the result and the forecast will be on your plant A only

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vijaya for the very helpful answer. I am using 2 Univariate profiles for generation of 2 diffn forecasts on 2 historical data. Somehow, i am not able to schedule both forecast run in single background scheduling as I can add only one Univariate profile in the 'Defien Activity' Transaction (SAPAPO/MC8T).

Regards,

AR