cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acknowledgement when JMS used

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The requirement that i have is that the source system is sending my messages ( File in the JMS queue) which contains close to 1000 IDOCS to be posted to ECC

but the source system wants an acknowledgement xml as well confirming that the mesage has been received by SAP PI ,but before the IDOC has ben created in ECC.

Can this be achieved in ECC , can ECC send an acknowledgement back to SAP PI before posting the IDOC? the information requried will be the file Id coming in the JMS queue.

Should the acknowledgement be sent from PI ?Can multi mapping be used ? one mapping for creating the IDOC and the other for posting a response back to the receiver JMS created for the Source system?

kindly help me out

Rohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your requirement is more like a system ack message for your interface. Idoc adapter could send the system Error ack but I am dont think just System ack could be sent by idoc adapter.

Can multi mapping be used ? one mapping for creating the IDOC and the other for posting a response back to the receiver JMS created for the Source system?

No

Why do you need this ack before the message processing? One way could be triggering another interface from the inbound processing code of idoc but this doesn't seem to be a clean solution.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually this is a common requirement which needs to be addresssed in mulltiple interfaces

irrespective of the sender whether it is a JMS or a JDBC , the legacy system wants an acknowledgement , before the data is processed by ECC , ie at the time PI picks it and sends it to ECC

which is where the issue , i was thinking of using two mappings

1) which will post the IDOC f

2) which will post the acknowledgement back to the legacy system thru a JMS Receiver

I even thought of the ECC inbound procesing code of IDOC .. but it is nt the solution as you said

Can it be done through PI in anyway ??

I havent found out a solution till now but the acknowledgement is required

please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

To see if you can use server proxy, that way, you can use your ABAP code to send acknowledgement back to the sender before calling BAPI.

Regards.

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys ,

Can this be done ??

I mean can it be handled in PI ie before creating the IDOC , can PI send a response back to the sending system that the message has been received ?

Please reply