cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export and Import of table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I need to export two tables from PRD and import to QAS.

Size of table is 1 GB and 3 GB.

Please confirm:

1--Do i need any downtime for export and import of table

2- How much time will it take in this export process.

Please suggest.

Shivam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. it is better to get downtime, but, depending on the system's usage, it might not be needed. You jsut do not want to export while this table is being used.

2. it is impossible to answer, we do not know your hardware config, we do not know which tables you are trying to export. but usually, exports are fast and imports are much slower.

you know that this is not really supported and may even wreck your destination system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eric,

Thanks for the information.

Can you give me a general idea of Export time and import time.

And please also confirm downtime not needed for importing tabke also.

Shivam

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I cannot tell you how much time it will take. are you still using Pentium 3 processors? are you on 4 quad-core CPU? are you on IDE disk? SATA disks? on a fast and big powerful SAN?

This being said, I would say roughly 10 minutes. but as you understand, this is just a wild guess.

for downtime, you did not tell us the table names. This being said, try to export on a low usage period.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think you will get answer on runtimes for import/export as it depends on your system configuration. Please also remember importing only selected tables may lead to inconsistancy in your db unless you know these tables are isolated from tables relation perspective. You may want to plan this during quite time like over the weekends.