cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception in XML Parser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!

I have one problem with the Receiver File Communication Channel configuration. I'll try to explain my scenario:

I have to write a file with a complex structure, tabulation indicates the line is inside previous and the numbers just the possible occurences of the line.

Lin1 (1)

Lin2 (1-10)

Lin3 (1-100)

Lin4 (1-99)

€ Lin5 (n)

Lin6 (n)

Lin7 (1-10)

Lin8 (1-9999)

Lin9 (1-5)

Lin10 (n)

Lin11 (n)

Lin12 (1-5)

When I send an Idoc, the adapter monitoring shows me this error:

"Error: Message processing failed: Exception: Exception in XML Parser (format problem?):'java.lang.Exception: Message processing failed in XML parser: 'java.lang.Exception: Consistency error: more fields found in XML structure than specified in conversion parameters! (Value 'Lin5')', probably configuration error in file adapter (XML parser error)'"

The thing is that in the xml payload is a node called Lin5 with 3 elements and in the conversion parameteres I have these lines:

E1EDKT2.fieldNames=ID,TDLINE,TDFORMAT

E1EDKT2.fieldFixedLengths=7,70,2

E1EDKT2.endSeparator='nl'

So I don't understand where the problem is. Any idea? Thankyou in advance!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, this was the real structure of the file. Each occurence of each line in a line.

Lin1 (1)

Lin2 (1-10)

Lin3 (1-100)

Lin4 (1-99)

--- Lin5 (n)

Lin6 (n)

--- Lin7 (1-10)

--- Lin8 (1-9999)

--- Lin9 (1-5)

--- Lin10 (n)

-

Lin11 (n)

Lin12 (1-5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think in reciever file communication channel there is no need to specify the field names and fixedfield lengths since a XML struuture is gonno be converted into a flat file structure.

just mention the endSeparator and the fieldSeperator in the file communication channel content conversion.

regards

jithesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I do need the fixedlength as long as the file that has to be generated is without separators, with fixed lengths.