cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorect character conversion when transporting from UNICODE to NON UNICODE

dusan_marcek
0 Kudos

Hello experts!

We have UNICODE DEV system and NON UNICODE QA system. In the future the QA will be converted to UNICODE, but for now I need help with incorrect character conversion during transport DEV->QA. I've read the NOTES about the topic and I've set the parameters of the transport profile:

CHARSET = EEUROPEAN

charsetadaption=no

When I transport customizing objects containing special characters č,u0161 in QA system they appear as #.

But character í,é appear correct.

Do you have any idea how to fix this?

Thank you for your response.

Duu0161an Marček

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tomas_black
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Dusan,

complementing Julia's reply: this issue is likely related to the non-latin-1 characters in a language independent table. As you may have read in note 638357 (provided by Julia), R3trans converts all characters from unicode to ASCII automatically, according to the language.

What happens is that table TRAC_ACCSYMB is language independent, so all language independent texts are converted according to R3trans' standard charset "weuropean", which is assigned to codepage 1100. (you can confirm this on the import logs)

In order to fix this, please try changing the R3trans default codepage import option "charset=weuropean" as described in note 80727 and repeat the process.

Please let us know how it goes.

Best regards,

Tomas Black

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During the import to QAS use the parameter -DsetUnicode=yes .

Regards

Zia

former_member217765
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using the latest version of tp and R3trans? If not, please try to update to the latest version which is available from servicde market place.

Please refer to note 638357 which should help to explain some issues to be aware of on the area of transports between Unicode and non-Unicode systems.

Best Regards

Julia