Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding sellection of SQL Collation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

Please lemme know the proper steps.

We are installing Fresh ECC 6.0. Setup on Win 2003 along with SQL Server 2005 and then we got this error -

Required MS SQL Server collation for the SAP system installationis :

SQL_Latin1_General_CP850_BIN2.

Your server uses collation: SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS.

I want to know, what option I must have to choose from all these SQL collations which WILL be compatible with SQL_Latin1_General_CP850_BIN2.

Options are

1. Binary order, for use with the 850 (Multilingual)Character Set.

2. Dictonary Order, case-sensitive, for use with 850(Multilingual)Character Set.

3. Dictonary Order, case-insensitive, for use with 850(Multilingual)Character Set.

4. Dictonary Order, case-sensitive, uppercase preference for use with 850(Multilingual)Character Set.

5. Dictonary Order, case-sensitive, accent-insensitive, for use with 850(Multilingual)Character Set.

6. Binary order based on code point comparison, for use with the 850 (Multilingual)Character Set.

7. Strict compatibility with version 1.x case-insensitive database, for use with the 850 (Multilingual)Character Set.

Please lemme know ASAP

Thanks

Rhishabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This one is correct:

6. Binary order based on code point comparison, for use with the 850 (Multilingual)Character Set.

Sven

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

U can choose this collation. This is correct.

Binary order, for use with the 850 (Multilingual)Character Set.

Regards

kesavan

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Required MS SQL Server collation for the SAP system installationis :

> SQL_Latin1_General_CP850_BIN2.

> Your server uses collation: SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS.

> I want to know, what option I must have to choose from all these SQL collations which WILL be compatible with SQL_Latin1_General_CP850_BIN2.

If you used the .vbs script to install the database (which is HIGHLY recommended) the correct collation is set.

Read the installation guide!

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

How did you install MS SQL ? Seems you have installed it manually and so the different collation was

installed. Your SQL Server Collation must be SQL_Latin1_General_CP850_BIN2 .

Normally we will use the SQL4SAP.vbs script to install the RDBMS and it will select the collation

SQL_Latin1_General_CP850_BIN2 .

The Work around seems to be installing the SQL with the collation SQL_Latin1_General_CP850_BIN2

by selecting sql4sap.vbs script .

Regards,

Nibu