cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM MDM 3.0 BMECAT Repository Schema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello at all,

I have currently run the SRM-MDM 3.0 with the standard respository delivered as archive on the install CD. I still have created some data with the data manager and it runs all very well.

Now I want to import a catalog based on BMECat 1.2 standard. I Have the complex catalog data XML from the vendor Bechtle and the images folder for the articles.

When running the Import Manager there are many fields and tables in the source xml that do not excist in the destination hierachy (repository).

My question is how do I create a repository based on the BMECat 1.2 standard to import the vendor catalog xml ?

What I still tryed was. Creating a new repository. It's empty except of the standard table like Admin, Images, Products etc.

Than go to Transport -> Import Repository Schema -> choose the vendor XML

That doesn' work. I get the Error Message: "There are problems with the transport (XML) which prevent it from being processed"

I have learned that an XML schema data is described with the ending .xsd but when I try to import the databrowser looks for .xml endings.

Could someone please advice what's I have done wrong?

Thanks a lot.

Rico

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rico,

You cannot create the repository with the XML file you have because MDM needs XML i.e. Schema Migration File. There are tools available which can convert Schema Migration File to XML but the reverse is not true. The only option you have is to create the fields and tables manually into the existing repository using MDM Console. Just Unload the repository and modify the structure as per the XML file received from vendor.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh ,

thank you for your answer. Thats not what i hoped for but now I know what I had suspect.

Now I have only one question. When creating that repository based on BMECat standard it is possible to export and import the schema.

Is there somewhere a repository export file created in mdm based on bmecat that can be downloaded for free in the internet? I can't believe that nobody else has the same problem but me?

Thanks for your advise

Edited by: Rico S. on Jun 18, 2009 9:37 AM

Edited by: Rico S. on Jun 18, 2009 9:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rico,

I am not aware of BMEcat standard but in MDM terms you can take the backup of repository in two forms:

1. Archive/UnArchive -> If you want to move the repository from one MDM server to another i.e. from dev to QA then you can Archive the repository which creates the .a2a file and place the file in the Archives folder of MDM Server installation directory which can then be copied and moved to Archives folder of target MDM server and you can UnArchive it on that MDM server.

Archive = Repository Schema + Data

2. Export / Import Repository Schema -> With this method you can export the schema of the repository and create the new repository on some other MDM Server using Create Repository from Schema command. When you perform the export repository schema command, it will ask for the file name and path. You can then copy this schema file and place in the file system of another server.

Export / Import Repository schema = Repository Schema only

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you alot for your advice. Now I know what I have to do.

Answers (0)