Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have a Mapping issue

a) The requirement is for PI to generate a running number between 1 to 999 and pass it to the target field in message mapping. is there a inbuilt function for it , or do we have to write a udf .... can someone please give me a code for it ??

b) Since it is a finance interface .. there is a requirement to post only 999 records at one time , and then start afresh with the 1000th record... I have been told that it is a very common scenario .....what is the resolution for it ??? is there an inbuil funtionality for it in SAP PI ??

where I can restrict only 999 records to be posted .. and then starting the 1000th record i can start afresh

kindly help

Thanks

Rohan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

use [Standard Function|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/c4cdfc334824478090739c04c4a249/content.htm] count.

Have a look to Claus's blog

[Message Splitting Using the Graphical Mapping Tool|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3765] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo

Thanks

but thats for the second part

any help on the first one ?? a udf code or some inbuilt function ??

b) Also for the blog that u have suggested I would really like to know if that can also work for a scenario where I have to post invoices into an IDOC and each line in a file is a separate IDOC ,

thanks

Rohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for the first requirement please have a look at this blog:

/people/sunil.ojha5/blog/2008/01/22/sequence-number-generation-mapping-pattern-in-pi

Regards

Patrick

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

a) standard function count is just matching with ur requirements, no need for udf.

b) Yes, the blog just describes your scenario. It doesnt matter if you have 1 or 100 lines in the target message and it is not important, which kind of message is splittet.

Actually everything should be clear with having read the posted links. It is - lets say "a bit frustrating" - for me if you answering without knowing the content of the blog / SAP help side.

Regards,

Udo

Answers (0)