cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sorting by property metadata of type String

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for all of my documents I've got an attribute filled with numbers. It's of the type "String". Now I have built an iView listing the documents and showing this property. I also want to sort it by this property.

To get the right result the type should be "Integer" cause using "String" it would be sort like this:

199, 270, 33, 450, 6, 83, 9

How can I duplicate or import the property into a new property consisting of type "Integer" or how can I force him to know that "33" ist smaller than "270"?

Regards

Janko Mühling

I recognized that I'm able to change the Type into "Integer". But the result after sorting ist still as like as using letters (Type=String).

Message was edited by: Janko Mühling

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's it!

To change the data type of a property you have to change it on database.

So you'll first change the type-attribute of your property (in the "Property Metadata") into the used type.

Then you open the "Enterprise Manager Console" as standalone to edit the database. Enter the network => Databases => DATABASE.world and login as sysdba => enter scheme => sapDATABASEdb => tables => kmc_dbrm_names. Here you can have a look for your property (show content). The ID belongs to you'd notice.

After that you're changing to database kmc_dbrm_props (show content). Select (by SQL-Statement) the localnameid by the noticed number. By changing the column "typ" or "type" you can change the datas type.

1 stands for string

3 stands for integer

5 stands for date

All of the type-numbers you can find in the table kmc_dbrm_props. The content it belongs to you'll have to find out on your own. By using SQL-Statement you can change all entries you want.

Good Luck ;-D

Janko Mühling