cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VF01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

in cash sales scenario: after saving my cash sales order i'll give a print invoice to my customer and also a delivery docu will be generated by the system to whch i'll do my PGI . after that am'I required to do the billing by VF01..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member1224230
Participant
0 Kudos

vinz,

You should not create invoice befere GI ( I do not think it is even possible). This is due to the fact that during delivery processing you may change quantities and you should invoice only actual quantities not ordered.

In case you need to print an invoice document after so, you may crate pro-forma invoice (no accounting document) - standard doc. type F8, but after GI you need to run VF01 again and create real invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Piotr

Wrf to cash sales system is giving a print invoice afte the order is saved but here the accounting is not effected, also at the time of GI if the deliverd quanty is less than the ordered quantity then the printinvoice given to the custoemr by the system will contracdict with the real invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.99

If You want to take a print invoice, U have to create vf01 and assign outputtype, and take a print by vf02 issue output and click on print preview or print.

Hari Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hari

Thanks for your response, but i'm refering to the invoice which will be generated by the system afer u save the cash sales order which means the output type is assigned to the cash sales order it'self, so in this case is it requird to do the VF01 otherwise how the accouting effect will be determined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In Standard sales process, Invoice copy (output) is produced when Billing document is created.

But, in cash sale, this invoice copy (Output) comes out when Sales order is saved which little special in nature. That is why ,Cash sale is called a special business transaction.

Remember, sales order processing, Shipping, Billing, payment, these are one one phase or process steps in Sales process.

In standard sales process, invoice copy (output) is produced during Billing step. Here out put type BA00 is assigned.

But, in Cash sale (CS), when sales order is saved, Delivery is completed in the background and invoice copy is produced (which normally comes out during Billing step).

This special property is beacuse of the Output type RD03 assigned to order type CS which gives the invoice at order step instead of Billing step.

Once the customer leaves, we process the PGI later and the Shipping process is completed.

After that we go for creating the Billing step (VF01), but now during Billing step, no output is produced as it has already come out during order step.

Once the Billing document is saved it is posted to FI and a corrosponding account document is generated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks pradyuma,

So u mean to say after customer leave the system does the PGI but i was under the impression tat unless and untlil u don't do the GI material won't come out of ur stores or warehouse but in cash sales customer come and take the material and pay the money at the time of order creation,

My client's requirement is how can i see in my system that money has come before doing GI, is it possible???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Customer picks from the available goods in the store and you make the entry for that in the form of an order (Order type CS).

Once the order is saved for Cash sale, Delivery is completed in the back ground and a Receipt comes out which is given as an invoice to the Customer.

But there is no posting takes place in FI when order is saved.

The posting will be made only when, you create a Billing document with reference to the Cash sale order and save it.

Normally, in cash sale, they go for collective PGI, then collective Billing and accounting documents are created for each Billing document.

If you want to post immediately then, you can go for processing the document individually.

Do the PGI for the Delivery document in Cash sale in VL02N.

Then, create a Billing document (VF01) with reference to Sales order and an accounting document will be generated once the Billing document is saved.

A debit posting will take place in the Cash settlement account (petty cash account) and you see the amount received.