cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC to File and RFC adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my scenario, i am sending file from a database system to SAP system. Here I am using JDBC/ webserveices adapter at outbound side to query the database and FILE and RFC at inbound side to send file and workflow notification.

my requirement is to send file as batch to SAP system(after business hours), send workflow notiication to the responsible person, and when the file is stored on application server then only i should send the notification to the person.

I know this can be acheived by BPM by using wait step but I am not sure how to do it only for RFC adapter to kick the notification once the file has stored and confirmed.

Can anyone help me in this issue.

Reg

Sre.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you just send "Notification" you can directly do it from RFC,

in RFC using function module you can check the file is there on application server and based on that raise mail using another function module.

build a custome RFC and call 1) data processing RFC 2)File read FM 3)Mail notification FM.

in this case your scenario become easy .

Edited by: NetWeaver Expert on Jun 17, 2009 10:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

My requirement is to notify the person once the file is stored and confirmed. if we are triggering two adapters at the same time then RFC will check the file on server and if file creation is delayed by any issue then this RFC won't trigger the notification. so this process cann't be imlemented.

Reg.

Sre.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi All,

>

> In my scenario, i am sending file from a database system to SAP system. Here I am using JDBC/ webserveices adapter at outbound side to query the database and FILE and RFC at inbound side to send file and workflow notification.

> my requirement is to send file as batch to SAP system(after business hours), send workflow notiication to the responsible person, and when the file is stored on application server then only i should send the notification to the person.

>

> I know this can be acheived by BPM by using wait step but I am not sure how to do it only for RFC adapter to kick the notification once the file has stored and confirmed.

>

> Can anyone help me in this issue.

>

> Reg

> Sre.

There are two options,

1. With BPM you can have the send step for file request an acknowledgment and then have the send step for the RFC call after the previous file send step.

2. Without BPM, use the same Business system (single receiver det.) and have multiple interface determination (file&RFC). Use the option maintain order at runtime and have the file interface above the RFC. This will act like an EOIO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

Thanks for your reply.

Reg,

Sre