cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read data from SAP from xMII using the transaction?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I just learn xMII... i dont have hands on knowledge in xMII... i need help.

I need to read Shipment details from Custom BAPI and i will get Shipment Number and That number i need to Pass another BAPI and get the Out put.

Can any one help me the Setp by Step process how to create this in transaction.

Thaks and Regards,

Phani Kumar M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your demo, or customer project will benefit greatly if you have a good starting point: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/downloads?rid=/library/uuid/f0a4be8f-4d6e-2910-9aaa-891499a41625

Even if your particular bapi is not included in the templates starter pack the methodology, including error handling and document building, should greatly accelerate your efforts. Please review the built in documentation as well as the spec sheets describing the relevant transactions. An update to these transactions should be published very soon, which includes updated documentation, expanded transactions, and a nice webpage UI front end.

A point to consider - learning MII by self discovery has historically not been benefitical to customer projects, so hopefully your employer is considering some formal training for you...

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

You need to use JCO action block in transaction.

1.Configure the JCO block by selecting the required SAP server.

2.Search for the custom BAPI by giving name in webservice details.

3.Create a local property for store shipment number.

5.Use assignment block to store Shipment order number.

6.Add another JCO block and configure it and search for the required BAPI.

7.Click on configure link,there you can pass the local property to parameter of Request root.

8.Assign Response to the Transaction Property using assignment block.

9.Execute this transaction using Xacute Query.

Hope this helps you.

Also you can find help from [Here|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/7638] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

-Suresh

Edited by: Suresh Hiremath on Jun 17, 2009 9:10 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

i have small problem.

Iam passing values through transaction properties to First JCO......iam getting Shipment numbers.......iam passing that shipment numbers to 2nd JCO and iam getting the Header details......

in the sequence......after 2nd JCo call i added one Condition step to check the BAPI.......after that i added one Repeator Step...........iam getting the data Shipment Header details into the Repeator step........from there which step i should i add to store the data.........i added one SAP XMII XML ROW step and passing all the values into that ROW but when i add the Tracer i can see the values in the ROW.

I want to display the out put in DashBoard........ so please suggest me wat step need to be added after the Repeator step ........... to get the data and pass it to Xecute Query.

Thanks and Regards,

Phani Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani

You define a transaction property with data type as xml and select the check box of output parameter and map that output variable to your document output.Hope this may help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use XML Doc to define the document.

In the configuration, define the columns you require with their data types.

Then use the XML Row to assign the values through repeater.

Create a transaction output property of XML type ( check the output box ).

Assign the doc output to the XML output.

Call this transaction in xacute query. Test this to get the desired result.

Regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

As I said earlier,you have to create a transction property as xml and check the Output checkbox.

Create a Document action block at the top of the transaction and configure with columns with exact data type.

After Repeater block add Row action block. Configure row with Document output. And map all column names with Repeater parametres.

At the end create Assigment action block(will be added Document action block--at the end of all sequences.). Map the created Transaction Property to the Document Output.

In Xacute Query call this transaction and you will get the created output property.Just map this property and test it. You will see the desired output.

Map this query to the iGrid display and use as dashborad.

Hope this helps you.

-Suresh