cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SXI_CACHE is disabled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frndz,

I installed ECC 6 with ABAP Stack on that as JAVA Add-in i installed BI n PI , and when am going for T-Code SXI_CACHE am gettimg the CACHE refresh features are disabled.

When am using the SLDCHECK am getting error like no connection to SLD n establish the RFC Destination using SM59, am doing this from 001 client with SAPUSER

Plz suggest me how can i resole this.

Regards

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

SXI_CACHE is not required for an ECC system, only use is in Role "Integration Server".

SLDCHECK is makes only sense if you are going to work with proxies. Plz control transaction SLDAPICUST for SLD access.

[SDN Blog / How do you activate ABAP Proxies? |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3022] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur reply, i didn't get ur ans. Yes am using ECC 6 only but am not getting cache features in SXI_CACHE that u kno.

What is the mean of role Integration Server.

in SLDAPICUST thiings r fine , but wheen am going with SLDCHECK there am getting

SLD is in Healthy running state.

Calling function LCR_LIST_BUSINESS_SYSTEMS

Retrving data from SLD server..

Function call returned exception code 4

Summary : Connection to SLD doesnot work

Suggest me how can i reslove this.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the ECC6 system, check in SM59 whether the t type RFC- SAPSLDAPI is working fine

regards,

Milan Thaker.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

SXI_CACHE is caching the Java objects from IB Directory to ABAP stack. So, if your WAS is an application system (ECC) and not a integration server (PI), you dont need SXI_CACHE. You find the role of your system in SXMB_ADM / Integration Engine Configuration.

If you want to exchange proxy messages from your application system you need a System Landscape Access.

SLDCHECK is ONLY required if you want to connect to PI system via proxys. If not, dont care. If yes, control host, port, user and password in SLDAPICUST. Check as well sm59 destinations SAPSLDAPI and LCRSAPRFC.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created the destinations for LCRSAPRFC and itz working fine , and in SXMB_ADM / Integration Engine Configuration i changed to Application system and Integration system also. But still in the SXI_CACHE cache features r disabled

when i gone thru SLD_CHECK am getting

Retrving data from the SLD server

Summary : Connection to the SLD not work

Testing the RFC connection to the SLD java client

RFC ping was successful

Calling function EXCHANGE_PROFILE_GET_PARAMETER

Retrving data from the XI Profile

Function call terminated Successfuly

Summary : Connectionto the XI Profile works correctly.

Regards

Rajesh

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

> in SXMB_ADM / Integration Engine Configuration i changed to Application system and Integration system also

You can either have an application system or integration server. You should NOT change that entries to run SXI_CACHE, you should look a bit over the plate. Did you install a ECC as you wrote in your first message? I assume yes: Then forget about SXI_CACHE, you dont need that. Would be very nice if your posts reflect any reactions to my posts..

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo...

*in SXMBADM / Integration Engine Configuration i changed to Application system and Integration system also*_ ..... this means ist time i testeed with Application system n tested SXI_CACHE n 2nd i changed to Integration system n tested again in both the cases i didn't get my xpected result.

Y am looking about SXI_CACHE is .. perivously i done a File->File scenario there the file was picked from the sender location but it couldn't send to sendere location .. some one gave a suggestion is bcaz of SXI_CACHE is not working.

Ok ..Let me check again the scenario again ....

Yes I installed ECC6 with ABAP stack n as a Java Add-in i installed PI n BI.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajesh,

As per your error message, your LCRSAPRFC is working fine. (It is used to connect to exchange profile of XI). However there is one more RFC destination you need to have i.e. SAPSLDAPI (t type), seems like this is not working fine. Please check for this destination.

Please refer to this article that explains the Connectivity of Proxy

http://sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50d69314-1be0-2b10-11ab-8045021f0c3a

regards,

Milan Thaker.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milan,

Thanks for ur participation, yes i defined SAPSLDAPI (TCP/IP) RFC n itz also working fine.

Thanks again for ur refred link itz really good stuff for the PI learners.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo..

I need one more help(information), actualy am doiing a secnario there in Configuration part while creating Communication channel in the Adpater Engine am not getting any list(jus empty).

What could be the possible reason , how i can reslove this.

Thanks in Advance

Rajesh

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

ok, looks like you installed a PI system, am i right? Then the entry at SXMB_ADM should be "Integration Server". And SXI_CACHE should run.

The error with the empty list of adapter types could be a missing SAP BASIS software component version in IB Repository. Please import / reimport it.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Bussiness the Cache is not refreshed with transaction sxi_cache. The cache is stored into the table LCRT_CLNTCACHE and to clear the cache you run the function module LCR_CLEAR_CACHE.

In PI you run SXI_CACHE but in Business system you check the table and run the function module to clear the cache.

Regards,

Reyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo..

Error with the empty list of adapter types was resolved but not by the way of import/reimport of SAP BASIS comp, goto NWA(http://host:port/nwa) there will find the scenarios tab there we need to select PI Scenarios and click on execute(If it is PI 7.0 only).Once we do this scenario imports at NWA we does't need to creata any RFC destination(with SM59) need not to mention in Vis Adm also all coming implicitly.

But that SXI_Cache n SLDCheck is not worrking .

And i done a simple File 2 File scenario for test my PI server here the file is picking from sender

location but not going to recever folder...kindly help me to reslove this.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo..

Error with the empty list of adapter types was resolved but not by the way of import/reimport of SAP BASIS comp, goto NWA(http://host:port/nwa) there will find the scenarios tab there we need to select PI Scenarios and click on execute(If it is PI 7.0 only).Once we do this scenario imports at NWA we does't need to creata any RFC destination(with SM59) need not to mention in Vis Adm also all coming implicitly.

But that SXI_Cache n SLDCheck is not worrking .

And i done a simple File 2 File scenario for test my PI server here the file is picking from sender

Regards

Rajesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you need to check:

1) Sender FILE adapter is not showing an error log in RWB ---> Component MOnitoring ---> Adapter Engine ---> Communication Channel Monitoring

2) SXMB_MONI is not showing any error for this message processing...if there is any error here then check it out...some common errors that you can find are--> No receiver found, Mapping program not found, Mapping cannot produce target element, input file is not having a valid structure.

3) Check the receiver File channel and verify that it is not showing any error log...at the same location mentioned in pt.1

4) Check if the target folder exists (server is running) and the user has permission to write a file into this folder.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

First of all , SLDCHECK is not working in my server except SLD Connections all services are working

SLD server access settings:

host name: XXXXXXX

port number: 50100

user : myUser

Use transaction SLDAPICUST if you wish to maintain the SLD server access data

Launching the SLD GUI in a separate browser window...

=> Verify in the browser GUI that the SLD is in a healthy running state!

Retrieving data from the SLD server...

=> Check whether the SLD is running!.................this is the error am getting .

And SXI_CACHE is also not working and one more thiing i absorved is that .. i done all the Post Installation configuration thruogh NWA.. this will creta all the RFC Connection in SM59 there in HTTP TO ABAP CONNECTION RFC its showiing the user as a PIIS USER and the path is like /dir/cacherepo... and connection test giving error.

Let me know when am executiing the LCR_LIST_BUSINESS_SYSTEM..etc RFC itz askiing the some inputs like BYPASSING_CACHE/GIVEROLES/GIVEPRODUCTS

Regards

Rajesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
SLD server access settings:
host name: XXXXXXX
port number: 50100
user : myUser
Use transaction SLDAPICUST if you wish to maintain the SLD server access data
Launching the SLD GUI in a separate browser window...
=> Verify in the browser GUI that the SLD is in a healthy running state!

Retrieving data from the SLD server...
=> Check whether the SLD is running!.................this is the error am getting .

check this thread:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/0b/8512417301ee6fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Abishek,

I gone through ur links every thing is fine with my server settings also,but no expected result..still the same error.

what to do yaar............................................................from last four days am tryiing to fix it up.

Regards

Rajesh

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

-->To communicate to your SLD from your application system try with this,ofcourse the above all replies had given you the detail explanation.But in addition to this follow or recheck my steps.

-->In your Application System go to transaction SM59 Create RFC destination of Type T : SAPSLDAPI.

In that select the Radibutton Registered Server Program and Give the Program ID.After that maintain the GAteway Host as : Host name of PI system and Gateway Service as : sapgw+system number of PI system.

-->Go to SLDAPICUST and maintain the alias name and host name of PI system and Port number(Java Port number).

about SXI_CACHE no need to worry about that in your applicatiopn system.check the UDO's reply.

Thanks

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SXI_CACHE features disabled means that you do not have authorization to perform the cache refresh action....please confirm from the admin if you have all relevant roles assigned to your id

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abishek,

Thanx for ur repply, actualy am doing this in my laptop,let me know what authorizations i need am using SAPUSER n i assigned SAP_ALL/SAP_NEW profiles .

Regards

Rajesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to have the role as mentioned on pg-17 of this document:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1a69ea11-0d01-0010-fa80-b47a7930...

As mentioned above SXI_CACHE and the associated roles applicable for SAP XI/ PI.

Regards,

Abhishek.